So I just changed my strings, same gauge, different brand. (To D'Addarios from Ernie Ball)

Anyways, on my old strings, I used to be able to do crazy awesome bends two-three steps higher, but after I changed strings, I can barely bend up one.

So is this just a matter of the strings not stretching properly, or is it something a little more serious, like tension problems?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Quote by MusicalMinority
So I just changed my strings, same gauge, different brand. (To D'Addarios from Ernie Ball)

Anyways, on my old strings, I used to be able to do crazy awesome bends two-three steps higher, but after I changed strings, I can barely bend up one.

So is this just a matter of the strings not stretching properly, or is it something a little more serious, like tension problems?

When changing brands, did you change gauge, or string size, as well? Or did you use a lower tuning.

Stretching the strings is a proces where you stretch them out a little when you've just put them on so they stay in tune better afterwards, but it doesn't do anything for the string tension.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Nope.
.10s to .10s.

All in standard tuning, and I've done some of my old bending exercises to help the string bend more easily.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
yea coincidentily I just changed strings 3 days ago on my acoustic. What your describing is just normal string tension with new strings. When you first put them on they are at a higher tension, and once they 'set in' and you play with them enough, they will most likely return to the way you were bending before.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
its strange, i use .09s and never noticed a difference between daddario and ernie ball, currently use ernie ball which are perfect i think
when you first restring the guitar will go out of tune in like 30 seconds but i dont know about the bending thing
myspace.com/crystalignition
Are you sure all the lower gauges are the same? Just because they have the same size high E, doesn't mean the others are the same.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I think the word used is "slinky". The EBs are easier to bend than the ddarios. But the the EBs dont last very long.