I need some help..

I have a fender strat and want to get a new guitar.

i wanna play heavy metal.

im lookin to spend up to $400

any suggestions???plz help!
What kind of amp do you have?

The Agile AL-2500 Tribal Green EMG is your best bet.

Solid guitar; probably the only new guitar in your price range with real active EMGs.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by insanity_666
I need some help..

I have a fender strat and want to get a new guitar.

i wanna play heavy metal.

im lookin to spend up to $400

any suggestions???plz help!

Put EMG's in your strat.
^ No its not. Many people say that here. Some people have had bad experiences with them, but its probably cause they treated it bad. But you are right about those RG fixed. They are amazing if you dont care about a tremolo.
Quote by GuitarEvan07
^ No its not. Many people say that here. Some people have had bad experiences with them, but its probably cause they treated it bad. But you are right about those RG fixed. They are amazing if you dont care about a tremolo.

Double-locking trems are meant to be abused; that's the whole point of getting a double-locking trem .
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
For somethign suitable for metal for most people, I'd advise something like the ESP (LTD) MH-250, M-400 or M-200FM. If you could save up a couple hundred more, a MH-400 (same as the 250, but made of mahogany and with active EMGs as standard) would be perfect.

That said though, for me personally for a metal guitar I'd rather look to Kramer, or get an Epi Elitist LP and mod it. In my personal view, a decent LP with a couple of mid-output Seymour Duncan passive pickups is the best for metal... but these probabaly wouldn't suit most people though.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Double-locking trems are meant to be abused; that's the whole point of getting a double-locking trem .

You are an idiot. Yes, your supposed to be able to act crazy with them, but your not supposed to like press down the whammy bar all the way and just let it go and let it snap back, Like some people do that claim edge III's suck. Ive tried many of them, and I know many people who have owned them for years, and have never had problems. BTW: I am not an Edge III Owner so I'm not being Bias. I have an Ibanez rg2570e prestige, which has an edge pro.
Quote by GuitarEvan07
You are an idiot. Yes, your supposed to be able to act crazy with them, but your not supposed to like press down the whammy bar all the way and just let it go and let it snap back, Like some people do that claim edge III's suck. Ive tried many of them, and I know many people who have owned them for years, and have never had problems. BTW: I am not an Edge III Owner so I'm not being Bias. I have an Ibanez rg2570e prestige, which has an edge pro.

I didn't really mean *abuse* as *abuse*; more as *heavy use* .

If you like your Edge III, more power to you. I've played ones that are 6 months old and can't hold tuning worth a lick.
Quote by utsapp89
ts,

contrary to what you may think, strats can be used quite effectively for metal, especiallly fat strats. case in point: Iron Maiden. if you get some new pickups, you'll be able to get a heavier sound than a lot of low- to medium output humbuckers. also, what amp do you have? You may want to spend the $400 on a new, better amp rather than a guitar.
You're just better off saving up your cash. Once you hit $500+, you can get some good guitars like the Ibanez S320, LTD 400+ series and such.

But if you're impatient, or need a guitar now, I'd look into that Agile.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I didn't really mean *abuse* as *abuse*; more as *heavy use* .

If you like your Edge III, more power to you. I've played ones that are 6 months old and can't hold tuning worth a lick.

Oh lol, I though you literally meant Abuse.
I dont have an Edge III, But many people I know do, and its worked fine for them. But of course the Edge Pro(whihc I have on my prestige) is much better.
I'm so happy I got my Prestige for 600$ new!
^Aye, Edge III's just arn't terribbly well constructed. I'm not a wammy guy myself, so it's all moot. I buy hardtails and stick 9 volt batteries in my strat's trem cavities to block 'em.
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
Put EMG's in your strat.

If hes playing heavy metal then he will need a fast neck, and personally i dont think they do. Get a Ibanez very very good quality, fast necks but with the trems the Edge III can be unreiable but some people dont mind it. I would say get a Ibanez Rg321, go on GAK and search it also have a look at the Ibanez RGT42DXFX, im getting one a swapping the pickups
Manchester United