Hey,

I am a guitarist who had been playing for about 3 years now. I have always held the pick between the tip of my thumb and index finger. I am able to play some fast riffs abut it is sometimes hard to pic kthe with the way that i hold it. What is the correct method.

Thanks
LS
well for fast playing and harmonics you got it right just make sure you have the pick fully between your fingers (not just holding the tip

and if your having trouble with the pick sliding out of your grip go to a local music store and ask about cool cat picks they have various forms of picks with grip like grip tape, cat tounge, rubber beads, ect
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by aeon20k
well for fast playing and harmonics you got it right just make sure you have the pick fully between your fingers (not just holding the tip

and if your having trouble with the pick sliding out of your grip go to a local music store and ask about cool cat picks they have various forms of picks with grip like grip tape, cat tounge, rubber beads, ect

yeah but ive been holding it kinda like the way paul gilbert does like if you put the thumb and index fingers together and they make a teardrop shape.
Quote by abovetherim981
yeah but ive been holding it kinda like the way paul gilbert does like if you put the thumb and index fingers together and they make a teardrop shape.

Paul's grip on the pick is a good way to hold it.

Also, to add to what aeon said about picks sliding out of your fingers, I put my own grip tape on the thumb-side of a Jazz III pick, and carve into the index finger side with a knife. That way I have a very grippy pick that I don't have to hold onto as tightly to stay firm in my grip.
Quote by fixationdarknes
Paul's grip on the pick is a good way to hold it.

Also, to add to what aeon said about picks sliding out of your fingers, I put my own grip tape on the thumb-side of a Jazz III pick, and carve into the index finger side with a knife. That way I have a very grippy pick that I don't have to hold onto as tightly to stay firm in my grip.

Thanks