ok so im getting a Marshall DSL 100 head,used, and the marshall cab that goes with it is too expensive, so i need an alternative. so does anyone have a recomendation on a good cab that is a 4x12 and would work with the Marshall?

ive looked at avatar speakers and a carvin G412t, anyone with any info on these please feel comment on them. thanks!
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

Member #3 of the Ibanez RG Owners of the World club. PM user rockownsyou to join
yea, im sure they can be good, but ive only heard of vader here in UG, and so i dont want to invest into something that iev only heard of a couple of times and that i know nothing about. haha sorry bro
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

Member #3 of the Ibanez RG Owners of the World club. PM user rockownsyou to join
Avatar makes a solid cab for the price.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
anyone ellse? how about a mesa boogie? would that be any cheeper?
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

Probably not unless you ebay it. Go for the Vader.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i would go with a vadar, but i know NOTHING about them, im not saying they are bad or anything, but would you guys ever buy somehtin youve never heard of? if i get some more info on them i would consider it. like what speakers, adn what bands use them and such
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

I used to have a 4x12 Avatar with Celestion G12h30's in it.

Absolutely brilliant cab. You will not regret it.
I am the Infantry.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Avatar makes a solid cab for the price.

Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
sounds good guys thank you so much!
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

VAder's are more flat response than most Avatar cabs, I suggest going for the 2x12 cab from Vader. They use Eminence Legends, have great construction as well, on par with Avatar, however, they are slightly more expensive. Avatar has the aesthetics though.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
hey,i'm in the same boat as u,cept its for a tsl60. i was gonna look into peaveys,crates ect., but in the end i;m gonna save up for a marshall. i dont really want a great head sitting on an okay cab. even a lot of the guys who use mesa/boogie or peavey heads will use marshall cabs,so im gonna go with a marshall. good luck to you,and perhaps u should look into a peavey 5150 series cab if u dont want a marshall
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by Reincaster
VAder's are more flat response than most Avatar cabs, I suggest going for the 2x12 cab from Vader. They use Eminence Legends, have great construction as well, on par with Avatar, however, they are slightly more expensive. Avatar has the aesthetics though.

+1

I'd suggest the 2x12 Recto cab from Mesa, too. Great cabs.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Orange cabs are very warm and full
Recto cabs are a bit more aggressive but yet versatile
Vader cabs from what I hear are very well rounded but excel in the brootalz

I like Carvin Cabs, I have used both the Legacy 2x12 and 4x12 and have gotten a very focused, and full tone from both. For the price and quality, I highly recommend either one. Maybe one of the cabs for the V3 would be a better option. My biggest complaint with Carvin cabs is their width, my Roadking hangs over the edge a bit...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
how much are orange cabs? ive only seen them in magazines, ive never seen them in a store before, and the ones ive seen are all bottom cabs, do they make slant cabs?
ibanez rg 550
epiphone standard lp
martin dcx1e
custom tube amp
boss ds 1
dunlop cry baby wah
boss mt 2
boss tu2

If your playing the brootalz Vader is where its at.

Great construction built like a tank. i played one owned by someone else he said he had dropped it down a flight of stairs when moving gear and it is still in great shape.

The speakers are awesome tight low end, very responsive

Overall a great cab and the company owner is an awesome dude and will answer any questions you have.

Bands that use them are mostly death metal, the cabs are awesomr for the brootalz they make a 2 x 15 as well for the super heavy brootalz
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join