I need help trying to pick out a guitar ( for about 600 dollars and under) that would be good for most music styles like blues, classic rock, punk rock and heavy metal. Also could you please recommend me a good distortion pedal or multi effects pedal. Here are some choices ive been looking at. Information on these would be great or others that are better. Thanks alot.

Hagstrom super swede
Fender deluxe players strat
Michael kelly patriot custom
The fender dude a good distortion pedal is a Boss metal zone it sounds great, the other guitarist in my band has it and it sound UBER.
Traynor YCV40
Modded Gibson SG
Gibson CS-356
1973 Fender Bassman
Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
i guess if you're going from blues to heavy metal you should take a les paul. i believe a epiphone les paul standart, wich we all love, is in your price range.

oh my dear lord i love epiphone les paul standard
for guitar i would say a HSS MIM strat or epihone les paul would probably as versatile as you can get for most genres of music.

as for effects cant say i have tried the ones you have mentioned though i would not go with the mt-2 metalzone as suggested by SRVspeaks not if your trying to play a variety of styles!
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
if anyone here ever reccommends the Metal Zone for ANYTHING ever again, I'll hunt you down!

get an Epi LP Standard. mine has served me very well. plays amazingly. the only regret I have about it is getting it in plain black.
I would go for some type of fender strat, they are soooo versatile.
Get the BOSS-ME 50 for a multi effects pedal, i have one and they kick ASS
lol@u
Quote by beavermuffins16
I need help trying to pick out a guitar ( for about 600 dollars and under) that would be good for most music styles like blues, classic rock, punk rock and heavy metal. Also could you please recommend me a good distortion pedal or multi effects pedal. Here are some choices ive been looking at. Information on these would be great or others that are better. Thanks alot.

Hagstrom super swede
Fender deluxe players strat
Michael kelly patriot custom

I think for an all-around, the MK Patriot isn't too bad of a choice. I have the bottom line of the series, but the Customs do sound better. Nice thing, is they have coil-taps, so when you're wanting to play blues or want more of a strat sound for your classic rock or punk, you can pull the pots out and switch it to single coils.

Though really, I don't like my Patriot as a rhythm guitar. It doesn't have that thick crunchy beefy sound that I want. I'd rather use my Epi SG for Punk Rhythm, but I do like the Patriot for a lead guitar.
-George

Gear:
'52 RI Fender Tele Hot Rod (*drool*)
(93) 1994 40th Anniversary Fender Strat (American)
Michael Kelly Patriot Q in Amberburst
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Crate V8 Palomino 5W Tube Combo