Okay, so we have to do a debate in English class. The topic is "are emotions good in society" (was given to us by the teacher so don't whine about the subject" we are against emotions, are first argument is that emotions lead to violence, we need one more HELP UGers
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Okay, you have they lead to violence.

They also lead to individual misery and despair when others have different attitudes and emotions to them. They just make you psychologically unhealthy, really.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
An emontionless, robotic society would be ideal, as idiotic human problems wouldn't get in the way, i.e conceived sexism and racism, and so on.

However it is a completely ridiculous notion to suggest this is possible, or indeed that it should be done. Without emotions, we would have no compassion.

It's a double edged sword. You could argue emotion is what makes our society, but at the same time, cripples it.

I have very long bus rides. I think about this kinda ****.
Quote by Vermintide
An emontionless, robotic society would be ideal, as idiotic human problems wouldn't get in the way, i.e conceived sexism and racism, and so on.

However it is a completely ridiculous notion to suggest this is possible, or indeed that it should be done. Without emotions, we would have no compassion.

It's a double edged sword. You could argue emotion is what makes our society, but at the same time, cripples it.

if it wasn't for u being anti-ibanez i would sig u (even tho i don't know how to lol)
Quote by Vermintide

+1 wow that was brilliant, i need your bus ride.
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Without emotion, there is no need for society in the first place. Society only exists to entertain the emotions of human beings, primarily the emotional attachment to other humans.
Quote by zdh
Without emotion, there is no need for society in the first place. Society only exists to entertain the emotions of human beings, primarily the emotional attachment to other humans.

That's a thought, aye...

But functionalist thinking would at least suggest a society system leads to much more efficient production, prosperity, and wellbieng; fundamentally meaning better survival of the race. Which is why I compare an emotionless society to that of a robot. We'd be more like a giant machine.

But then you could say that the definition of society is what is of value here. Without emotion, is it still society, or just a production system?
One piece of advice:

You have to deliver all your arguments in a very calm manner. You can't get emotional with that argument.
Death to Ovation haters!