According to the specs sheet, it was released 10/2007, meaning you've not known about it for days.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
According to the specs sheet, it was released 10/2007, meaning you've not known about it for days.

you're the best dude!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
^Totally unnecessary. I don't get a lot of sig basses. I mean, why should I buy this when a seemingly very similar bass exists? I can see it for something like the Urge II (Just for you Tammy) where it's a very original bass but this is just an average bass. I don't get it.
I remember his original 1980's jazz bass special became quite a rare find, i always hope desperately to find one in a second hand shop, but alas that day never came.

Help me to live.

I owned a similar Charvel bass (basses and guitars like that were all the rage in the 80's) and they have a very different tonality than most common P/J basses. Just like 70's Jazz pickup placement, these 80's pickup placements give a totally different sound. You won't find a modern-made bass with the TBX tone control, either.

EDIT: MIM... yuuuggglll!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Oct 29, 2007,
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
^Totally unnecessary. I don't get a lot of sig basses. I mean, why should I buy this when a seemingly very similar bass exists? I can see it for something like the Urge II (Just for you Tammy) where it's a very original bass but this is just an average bass. I don't get it.

Well i see where your coming from Jazz, but this particular model was discontinued before the 90's, and it is in great demand because of Guns n' Roses, And i have only ever seen one real jazz special and that was on youtube, i think this bass would be a contender with the highway one p/j pickup counterpart.

EDIT: MIM... yuuuggglll

Oh my fu*K

what a disappointment, i expected to be built with all the other artist sigs in Japan, i think fender are throwing away an opportunity to build a brilliant instrument by restricting it to the lowest tear of the fender factories

Help me to live.

Last edited by flyingmarlin at Oct 29, 2007,
Sweet! I hope its not too expensive.
Now, a question of etiquette - as I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?
IMO it looks as ugly as sin. I like the headstock but the white body with black pickups just looks ugh.. They could have changed the colours a bit and maybe had a maple neck- but, I guess this is what Duff intended.
signature
Quote by Bullet-Rule
IMO it looks as ugly as sin. I like the headstock but the white body with black pickups just looks ugh.. They could have changed the colours a bit and maybe had a maple neck- but, I guess this is what Duff intended.

This is a copy of Duff's P-Bass Special, which was a standard model back in the 80's. And my Charvel bass AND guitar had the EXACT same colour scheme. It was an 80's thing - but luckily no magenta.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I've been waiting for this bass to be released for a while, and I found it last week when looking through the website for my local music shop (the one you posted the link from). I'm going to try and get in there as soon as they get one in and I'll review back to you guys when I've played one.

Quote by IndianRockStar
I personally don't think it'll sell well unless its priced really low. Otherwise, people can just go for a Geddy Lee or Highway One. And I agree MIM was not a good idea on this one.

This bass is COMPLETELY different to a Geddy or HW1, it's like saying there's no point in anyone buying the new Ibanez RG389765612064 guitar because they could just go get a Strat.

Just a few differences include:
P-Body
PJ Pickup configuration
TBX Circuit
And you can't get that colour combo on any other fender basses.

If you had mentioned the Aerodyne basses instead, then I would see where you are coming from, but the Geddy and HW1, I really don't.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by indie-bassist
I've been waiting for this bass to be released for a while, and I found it last week when looking through the website for my local music shop (the one you posted the link from). I'm going to try and get in there as soon as they get one in and I'll review back to you guys when I've played one.

This bass is COMPLETELY different to a Geddy or HW1, it's like saying there's no point in anyone buying the new Ibanez RG389765612064 guitar because they could just go get a Strat.

Just a few differences include:
P-Body
PJ Pickup configuration
TBX Circuit
And you can't get that colour combo on any other fender basses.

If you had mentioned the Aerodyne basses instead, then I would see where you are coming from, but the Geddy and HW1, I really don't.

Point taken, I used bad examples

But my point is that if it placed in the same price range as the Geddy and Highway One (which if it isn't my point is invalid) then it wont sell well, even if it is different. And I read somewhere that Duff actually uses an Aerodyne Jazz, but that source was most likely wrong.

The P-body and color combo really shouldn't (which means they most likely will ) drive a purchase. I can see it selling well if it is placed around the same or lower as the Mark Hoppus bass, as it will be competing w/other MIMs.
Not incredibly impressed, but then again the only Fender signature bass that's good value is the Geddy Lee, IMO.
OMG i wanted a ESP vintage 4 but now i want that OMG OMG i'm so stoked!!

duffs bass is a pbass special they made in the 80s when they stop produceing them he had to have them custom shop him all of his Pbass specials. so it's not exactly a signature bass it's a 80s Pbass special with Duff's signature wich is IMO better than trying to find one on ebay and paying an arm and a leg for one.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Last edited by Emergancy Exit at Oct 31, 2007,
^ Because you dont have enugh basses

If I was still in my 'z0mg I want a white bass' phase, Id be happier about this...
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Actually, a few months after I bought my Jazz, they released the Alder version in Pearl White (same colour), and I just about shat! I was kicking myself for not getting it (and imagine replacing the pickguard with a black one?), but it's all about the tone and the ash is simply superior.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by IndianRockStar
Point taken, I used bad examples

But my point is that if it placed in the same price range as the Geddy and Highway One (which if it isn't my point is invalid) then it wont sell well, even if it is different. And I read somewhere that Duff actually uses an Aerodyne Jazz, but that source was most likely wrong.

The P-body and color combo really shouldn't (which means they most likely will ) drive a purchase. I can see it selling well if it is placed around the same or lower as the Mark Hoppus bass, as it will be competing w/other MIMs.

And yeah he does use an aerodyne jazz, as well as his 80's P-Bass special
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I'd buy it if i had the money - it was Duff McKagan that got me interested in playing bass and he had some mint basslines going on and had a great look aswell. Its an awesome bass.
Quote by silentdob
^ Because you dont have enugh basses

If I was still in my 'z0mg I want a white bass' phase, Id be happier about this...

my jazz bass is white ..... wtf? i was just excited that this bass came out. i wish they realeased the all smake black with the skelly graphic on it more actually.

i see a basslines logo on the jazz Pup but not the P which pickups are on there?
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Last edited by Emergancy Exit at Nov 1, 2007,
The original 80's Jazz Bass Specials were going on Ebay for less than $600, sometimes lower than $500. In fantastic condition, Made In Japan.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Sweet lookin bass!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Are sigs available for lefties? I hope so.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Quote by KKING911
Are sigs available for lefties? I hope so.

I doubt it. They're trying to sell you (sort of) the bass that the artist played, and it's rare the artist played a lefty.
Quote by Cody_Grey102