Ive been playing for almost 3 months and Im looking to get a decent guitar around the $400-$650 price range. I play mostly punk, but I do dabble in metal and everything else. I want something that I can start to get serious with. Can anyone recommend me anything?

Sorry if this has been done before or if theres already a thread for this.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
This should be in the Electric Guitar forum...but I'd suggest something like an Ibanez SZ series guitar. Very good all-round guitar. Also, you could check into the PRS SEs and Fender Showmasters.

All of those should cover your genres quite nicely.

Could also go with a Fender Strat or Tele as well... The amp you have is going to make more of a difference on the sound you want out of your guitar than the guitar itself.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ESP's are money for metal so I'd definitely look into that brand...really good bang for the buck too. Check out some used Teles and H-S-s Strats because you could get one for a steal in that range, too and they're versitile.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Ive been looking at strats and telecasters, but I have no idea on anything when it comes to gear. Could you recommend and amp too then?
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
Ive been looking at strats and telecasters, but I have no idea on anything when it comes to gear. Could you recommend and amp too then?

What amp do you have now?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
For punk, I would recommened any guitar with humbuckers in it.
To me, single coils left something to be desired with distortion.
However, Clean, they cant be beat.
So look for humbuckers.
Amps:
LINE 6 SPIDER 3
I know people dont like them, but I would say, for the money, best tone around.
Quote by dewdadrew
For punk, I would recommened any guitar with humbuckers in it.
To me, single coils left something to be desired with distortion.
However, Clean, they cant be beat.
So look for humbuckers.
Amps:
LINE 6 SPIDER 3
I know people dont like them, but I would say, for the money, best tone around.

You've obviously never played a similar priced amp then (Vox ADs, Roland Cube, Epi VJ, Crate Palomino, etc.)
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
NO. No line 6 spiders. Try a roland cube 30 or 60 they can do alot and have a fairly nice clean tone. That or if your going big get a valveking.
get an epiphone les paul, very good all around guitar for it's price...and as for amp, peavey classics are great. they don't do metal but if you have a pedal or something they could pull it off.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
right now i have a little 10 watt kustom amp. Im mostly going for a punk/rock sound.
Quote by Yakult

Quote by DubStar92