How cumbersome is the process?

Afterwards, is tuning/detuning and changing strings the same as if the guitar was a hardtail?

How cumbersome is undoing the process?
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
you can buy a trem block and it essentially makes it a hardtail bridge. it becomes rather simple to tune
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Is it pretty easy to do though?
Quote by candysars
The best Pokemon is Metapod. Name him Wiener or P3n1s, and then use harden. LAWLZ everytime.

Schecter C-1 Elite EMG 81/85
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
this is probably a dumbass question but can you just ditch the springs when its blocked? i reed the space for stuff haha.
Dinobot clone of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Member #6 of the Geddy Lee fan club - pm RIC4003 to join.
UG spartan number 180
^Yeah huh. If you get a small blcok of wood, or a dead 9 volt battery, you can shove it behind the trem block, and then feel free to take out the springs, assuming the wood block is tight enough. But whatever would you need the space for?
drugs.

and +2 ull want the springs there to help stabilize the bridge.

TS, did you have the strAT set up correctly? usually if u keep a level bridge, you wont need to block it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Barboom
this is probably a dumbass question but can you just ditch the springs when its blocked? i reed the space for stuff haha.

depends on how you block it. obviously to be able to remove the springs, the trem needs to be blocked on both sides. Do this with either one wood block (or something) on each side, or push it against the body of the guitar and just shim the other side.

on mine, I just tightened the springs down so that the springs pull the trem tightly against the body. Putting a block in there is probably a better solution. Tuning stability should be much better once you block the trem (if it was a crappy one to begin with like mine).