I wanna learn how to do those cool techneqies, like tapping, ect. Does anyone have a website or something I can learn off of? I want to learn more, right now, all I can do is just tabs and some other basic stuff and I've been playing for a year.
Last edited by Deadmen at Oct 29, 2007,
how about this one?
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Basically, you have left-hand techniques (bends, slides, hammer-ons, pull-offs, vibratos, trail-offs, etc.), right hand techniques (sweep picking, pinch harmonics, etc.), and tapping. You can find most of these right here on UG: just try different searches and see what comes up.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
also dudes /
D|-----------------9/10--
A|---------8h10h12-------
E|-8h10h12---------------

I try that, but my fingers always spaz out when I try ithat, and it frustates me to the point of quitting almost.
Quote by Deadmen
also dudes /
D|-----------------9/10--
A|---------8h10h12-------
E|-8h10h12---------------

I try that, but my fingers always spaz out when I try ithat, and it frustates me to the point of quitting almost.

just practice slow and let your fingers get strength. i'm guessing you're using your pinky. i'd use mine if i did a reach like that, because it's faster than my 3rd finger. just practice your major scale shape and after a few months, you should be able to play that in one sweet swift motion.

for videos or something.. just check this site out. read the lessons too.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
ok,. so I tried some theory, like Legato, and tapping, and I practiced for 6 hours straight, but when I turn on the amp, they sound all ****ty and muddy, and tapping I still don't quite understand.
you probably have a bad technique or your pickups are low quality and your amp could be at a bad setting. what do you mean you don't understand tapping? the only thing to it is using your finger on your picking hand and hitting a note with it. then use your left hand and pull off of another note.
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
ah. well they do have videos here you can watch that are pretty helpful.
Quote by steven seagull

Quote by convictionless
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!