2006 American Strat Hardtail. I have it set up so it plays and sounds amazingly. It's the best guitar I've ever touched. However, tonally, with an amp the fender american pickups are lacking - a bit dull sounding to be honest.

I play through all sorts of amps, the two listed in my signature, whatever I happen to find when gigging (jazz, mostly, but rock from time to time).

I play all music, jazz and classical, up to Opeth and Death (band) class metal, and sometimes even more extreme.

I want single coils exclusively, no humbuckers. They have to be relatively bright, clear, and as a bonus - noise canceling would be highly enjoyed, but not required.
Well, if you're into Jimmy Page, and heavier stuff, try one of these single humbuckers, I think seymour duncan make some, and dimarzio maybe? But its basically like a mini humbucker, quite a few people use 'em.
Quote by Shabalaba
Price range?

Don't worry about it. I didn't list it for a reason, as long as its not like.. linking me to 25000 dollar vintage 54' strat pickups or something...

Quote by Daveyh
Well, if you're into Jimmy Page, and heavier stuff, try one of these single humbuckers, I think seymour duncan make some, and dimarzio maybe? But its basically like a mini humbucker, quite a few people use 'em.

I prefer exclusive single coils.
Quote by TimmyPage06
Don't worry about it. I didn't list it for a reason, as long as its not like.. linking me to 25000 dollar vintage 54' strat pickups or something...

I prefer exclusive single coils.

dude, I dont believe REAL single coils will ever let you obtain Death...not Human, Symbolic and the rest...
Fender Lace sensors? If you get a Red/Silver/Blue set with the blue in the neck and red in the bridge, you should have a lot of tonal options covered. The red is ridiculously high output and quite tight sounding, not the best for metal, but decent.
the gold lace's are supposed to be sparkly sounding, but dont quote me on that.
courderoyEW makes some nice boutique hand wounds that are vintage sounding.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Last edited by guitar_infidel at Oct 30, 2007,
Well if you know what you want, you should look at CorduroyEW, Stephen's Design, Kinman, and/or Fralin.
I've always heart great things about Fralin pickups... Never used them though. From experience I can say that the tone from Gold Lace Sensors is very vintage, sparkly clean.
My Gear:

Agile AL-2000 (Tiger-Eye)
Ibanez Acoustic/Electric

Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez TS-7 Tubescreamer [Keeley Modded]
i have a hot noiseless on sale at my junkyard if that gets u kinda interested.

lace sensors are generally sparkly IMO.

and CorduroyEW does know what hes doing. pop him an email or a pm with ur specs.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'll give a 2nd to Stephens Design. Dave Stephens makes fantastic pickups, and he'll rewind them or refund your money if you don't like them.

www.sdpickups.com

A set of Strat pickups generally costs $255, shipping to the US included. Don't know how much Canadian shipping would be. I've been using a set of his overwound Mojo V pickups in my Strat since February and they're the best pickups I've owned.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Eric 666
dude, I dont believe REAL single coils will ever let you obtain Death...not Human, Symbolic and the rest...

I can do it at the moment, it's pure amp power, so I'm certain that I don't need anything more than a vintage wind.

Quote by guitar_infidel
the gold lace's are supposed to be sparkly sounding, but dont quote me on that.
courderoyEW makes some nice boutique hand wounds that are vintage sounding.

Hmm, I haven't really liked any Lace Sensor's that I've ever played to be honest. Too much of a mid hump.