right now im playing ghs boomers 10.s and im lookin for somethin a lil heavier. i was lookin at the elevens but most of them say they are best for dropped tuning and i play everything in standard. would these strings work well on my epi sg 400 custom. i play mostly blues and classic rock. i have really big fingers and strong hands and i find i bend and break these .10s easily
I use 11s and I tune to standard, it takes a bit of work to do whole step bends, but after a week or so, you'll be glad you switched!
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by Doodleface
I use 11s and I tune to standard, it takes a bit of work to do whole step bends, but after a week or so, you'll be glad you switched!

word.
one thing to everyone

dont get dr dimebag strings

the wrapping on the low e, a, and d strings unwrap.
okay guys thanks for the replies. one more question tho. will i be able to tell a difference in tone from my light guage strings to .11s
For those of you that use 11s in standard tuning, did your guitars need a setup before you put on the heavier strings. I recently bought a pack of 11s and I was wondering if I could put them on my Highway One strat that came with Fender Bullets (9s I think) without a setup.
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Tonebone Classic
i used 11s in standard. Yep you need to set it up right for the gauge change. It wont be a huge adjustment though.
Quote by chea_man
i used 11s in standard. Yep you need to set it up right for the gauge change. It wont be a huge adjustment though.

By set it up, do you mean get it set up and pay someone to do it, or do something myself?

Quote by sektor47
I just put 11s on mine. Definetly is a huge jump from 10s. Sounds different too.

yeah I have 10s on my MIM strat and my Ibanez...can't wait to get 11s on my Highway One though!
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Tonebone Classic
i would recommend Ernie Ball Power Slinky they are 11 gauge, and have really nice clasic rock tone
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
Quote by RhoadsLivesOn
For those of you that use 11s in standard tuning, did your guitars need a setup before you put on the heavier strings. I recently bought a pack of 11s and I was wondering if I could put them on my Highway One strat that came with Fender Bullets (9s I think) without a setup.

Unless you've blocked off the trem, you're most likely going to have to add a spring/springs in the back. And of course re-set the intonation, which you would need to do on any guitar.
im usuing dave mustaine ghs, the high e, b and g are the same as in the 10 guage set (i like light strings for soloing), however the d is like an 11 guage set d, the a is 44! thats like a 12 guage set a, and the low e is a 52 which is like an 11 guage set e. might be confusing but good for heavy riffs and solos.
Quote by captain_jack
Unless you've blocked off the trem, you're most likely going to have to add a spring/springs in the back. And of course re-set the intonation, which you would need to do on any guitar.

This may be a dumb question, but where would I find another spring suitable for the back of the guitar.

By set the intonation do you mean something like this?
http://users.powernet.co.uk/guitars/setup3.htm

Quote by Blacksabbath92
im usuing dave mustaine ghs, the high e, b and g are the same as in the 10 guage set (i like light strings for soloing), however the d is like an 11 guage set d, the a is 44! thats like a 12 guage set a, and the low e is a 52 which is like an 11 guage set e. might be confusing but good for heavy riffs and solos.

Makes perfect sense to me. Do you play in standard tuning? Did you have to get your guitar set up?
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Tonebone Classic
yeah i play in standard tuning, i play mostly priest, sabbath, megadeth, zep and iron maiden kinda stuff, dont like drop c, never in drop d, only play in standard and sometimes half step for malmsteen ****.

standard > all.
Quote by Blacksabbath92
yeah i play in standard tuning, i play mostly priest, sabbath, megadeth, zep and iron maiden kinda stuff, dont like drop c, never in drop d, only play in standard and sometimes half step for malmsteen ****.

standard > all.

Yeah standard is great. Did you have to get a setup for your guitar before you put on the Mustaine GHS strings.
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior