hey i got a laney pro tube amp, man it sounds great, but the problem is that it has really low gain. i was wondering if theres a way to get more gain. i play heavy metal, thrash metal & neoclassical metal
Im not sure if it would work with a valve amp, but the AMT Distortion station pre-amp pedal is amazing for metal. Id try it out with my new JCM800 but its too late.... i will tomorrow though
The Mesa boogie V Twin is a good pre amp distortion pedal. Sounded pretty good when played through a blue angel. But thats also a ****ing good amp... My mate has that set-up and thats the only time i've ever heard a pre amp pedal.. So i dont know how correct i am..
Quote by nirvallica
The Mesa boogie V Twin is a good pre amp distortion pedal. Sounded pretty good when played through a blue angel. But thats also a ****ing good amp... My mate has that set-up and thats the only time i've ever heard a pre amp pedal.. So i dont know how correct i am..

ya know i was just looking at that pre amp pedal lol

so for ive been looking at these preamp pedals

Damage Control Demonizer Tube Distortion Preamp
Seymour Duncan SFX-03 Twin Tube Classic Preamp
Mesa boogie V Twin

does any body know what would be the best choice?
I think the Seymour Duncan is more of a mid based creamy classic kind of a sound. Not exactly metal. But this assumption is from only hearing my uncle play through it once. I'd say you'd have to try out the other two
I liked the Twin Tube Classic for the few minutes I had with it. What is your budget?

edit:
I just reread your original post, like nirvtallic(sp) said and I have to agree. Maybe not so good for what tones your after.
Last edited by The Real Ming at Oct 29, 2007,
Quote by The Real Ming
I liked the Twin Tube Classic for the few minutes I had with it. What is your budget?

edit:
I just reread your original post, like nirvtallic(sp) said and I have to agree. Maybe not so good for what tones your after.

right now 300 bucks