aight, i've been playing with him since my freshman year, and about eight or nine months ago we started getting serious, and my friend started playing bass, but since then i've kind of not enjoyed it as much, and i've seriously been thinking about quitting lately (it's just me and the drummer), but now i've decided i am quitting. i really don't want to, since the thing i hate the most is seeing people have their feelings hurt, and he really loves playing with me. i'm also the only person at school that has any remote talent, so he'll have no one to play with now, but i can't help it. he thought we were going to make it big, and he was planning on playing at a pretty big battle of the bands in a couple months, but i just can't do it. i can never do anything else during the week, because i have church on sunday, piano on thursday, and i'm starting classical guitar lesssons for college. we have band on tuesdays and saturdays, so between band practice, church, piano and soon guitar, and my other friends' work schedules, i'm hardly able to do anything.

since tomorrow is tuesday, i plan on telling him at school, and then i'm free to go to taco bell with my two other friends and play halo which is another problem. whenever i skip practice, and i know when i quit, he's going to say it's just to play halo, and he thinks i ditch him all the time for my other two friends, which is somewhat true, except i'm just ditching band practice, not actually hanging out with him. so anyways yeah, i know he's going to feel how someone would if you broke up with them, since he loves the band that much, but i need a good way to tell him that i just can't do it anymore, and to let him know that it's not just so i can play halo with my other two friends.
I left my band tonight.

Just be straight up with them. If you lie, they will find out and you could lose friends over it.
I'd suggest taking this to the Bandleading section of the forum... just an idea.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Isn't it more of a duo than a band?

But anyway just tell him and say lets hang out sometime.
I don't have time for a band.

Something like that.
Just be like, I don't have the time to have a band right now, but I'd still like to jam every now and then. or something.
Quote by r311dude
wow

joke

/phail

Like yor sig

mad props
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by r311dude
halo > guitar

(facepalm)

all i saw is a wall of text
im assuming this is the same as any other band quitting dilema
so ima cover this once and for all
-youre friend will understand
-unless you love the girl with all your heart dont do it
-if the others suck tell them, itll inspire them to improve
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by r311dude
halo > guitar

No...Guitar > Haloz

Guitar+ haloz? = Epic awesomeness...me and my freinds jam for like 4 hours and play halo for like...2 lol...we hang all the time and yeah...so :P. boom.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.

Definition Of what "The Pit" is ^
Be straight up with him. Tell him how busy you are, and that you still wanna jam with him, but not in a band. Dont lie. He may be upset for awhile, but he should be able to move on, and a good friend would understand.
Quote by frottage
aight, i've been playing with him since my freshman year, and about eight or nine months ago we started getting serious, and my friend started playing bass, but since then i've kind of not enjoyed it as much, and i've seriously been thinking about quitting lately (it's just me and the drummer), but now i've decided i am quitting. i really don't want to, since the thing i hate the most is seeing people have their feelings hurt, and he really loves playing with me. i'm also the only person at school that has any remote talent, so he'll have no one to play with now, but i can't help it. he thought we were going to make it big, and he was planning on playing at a pretty big battle of the bands in a couple months, but i just can't do it. i can never do anything else during the week, because i have church on sunday, piano on thursday, and i'm starting classical guitar lesssons for college. we have band on tuesdays and saturdays, so between band practice, church, piano and soon guitar, and my other friends' work schedules, i'm hardly able to do anything.

since tomorrow is tuesday, i plan on telling him at school, and then i'm free to go to taco bell with my two other friends and play halo which is another problem. whenever i skip practice, and i know when i quit, he's going to say it's just to play halo, and he thinks i ditch him all the time for my other two friends, which is somewhat true, except i'm just ditching band practice, not actually hanging out with him. so anyways yeah, i know he's going to feel how someone would if you broke up with them, since he loves the band that much, but i need a good way to tell him that i just can't do it anymore, and to let him know that it's not just so i can play halo with my other two friends.

Well, seein gas you go to church every sunday, and taking into consideration your sig, tell him taht you need to dedicate more time to god...tahts how my friend broke up with her boyfriend...altho shes been single for quite a while , so shes thinking of dropping the charade
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by The_Seventh_Sin
(facepalm)

all i saw is a wall of text
im assuming this is the same as any other band quitting dilema
so ima cover this once and for all
-youre friend will understand
-unless you love the girl with all your heart dont do it
-if the others suck tell them, itll inspire them to improve

Or telling them they suck...will demoralize them and make them join an emo cult...so...avoid that >_> let them continue to live in a fantasyy worlddd.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.

Definition Of what "The Pit" is ^
Quote by r311dude
halo > guitar

Epic fail.
Just tell them straight up your too damn busy and having a band with everything going on is more trouble than its worth.
I know what you mean with all the freaking Rotc in my life.
"[Insert bandmate name here], i'm leaving the band. I just don't have time for it....can we go to taco bell now?"
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

invite him to play halo with you. NUB
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
yea dude just be straight up with ur friend and im sure u will understand i had been in the same situation with u at one point and i told him i dont feel as though we are getting anywhere so i left him to join another band and me and him are still good friends
Quote by funkbass369
invite him to play halo with you. NUB

well, i'm having a ssb/halo party friday, and i invited him, so does that count?