Ok i have Windows Vista, so when you record your guitar get a really weird sound.

Here is a video on what it sounds like. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZghN7kK-jpY

Please note that i am not a good guitar player, I just wanted to get it recorded onto YouTube so people could watch and possibly help me.

There must be some way to turn this off using the command prompt, I was wondering if there was any other vista users out there that have experienced the same problem. And what they did to fix it.

Thanks in advance to all helpers.
~Zack Hogg~
It may just be your mic that you are using
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
I'm using a mixer. In the video i'm using a mic yes. But it also puts the same crap with a mixer. It plays normal for about 3 1/2 seconds and then it add a weird sound to it. The mixer dosen't work on my friends computer either. It is his mixer.

Edit: ya i just read that and it didn't make any sense. I used a mic for the youtube video, but it does the same thing with my friends mixer.
Last edited by DivineSanity at Oct 29, 2007,
Are you recording through the mic input of your computer? Explain to me your recording chain, ie how is the sound getting from your guitar amp into the computer and what software are you using to record it?
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Yes, i am recording through the mic input of my compter. We plug the guitar with my friend pedal to the mixer. THen we open audacity and click record and start playing. For 3 1/2 secnds its going great and sounding good, but then the waves in audacity start to shrink. We dont use the amp while recording with the mixer. Doing it this way works fine with my friends Windows XP.
I was thinking maybe something just needed to be turned off via the Command Prompt. I play some games and i had to turn some things off to make them work. Still searching for an answer.