Hello I was wondering what is the best amp to play on for metal. I am looking for a new amp around the 800$ range. I want it to be big enough to play in small shows. I play in a metal band so it needs to have a good distortion and maybe 2-3 channels. I'm just wondering what amp you UG users use and if you like them or not.

~Zack Hogg~
Last edited by DivineSanity at Oct 30, 2007,
I think a 5150 is out of his price range. I'd go for maybe a Peavey Classic 30.

And a little pointer, (in the future) you'll get better replies if you title your threads better. "Metal amp" will get more replies than "Hello". Just trying to help you out a little.
Ben
Quote by muffinman123192
I think a 5150 is out of his price range. I'd go for maybe a Peavey Classic 30.

And a little pointer, (in the future) you'll get better replies if you title your threads better. "Metal amp" will get more replies than "Hello". Just trying to help you out a little.

5150? They run about $500-$600 on ebay quite often. A 6505 would be harder to find at $800 but not impossible.

Classic 30's are too vintage voiced to be a primary metal amp IMO. Sure you can crank it and put OD in front of it, but thats kind of defeating the purpose of looking for a metal amp by looking for a classic rock with layers of digital on top of it.

Of all the amps recommended in this thread, I'm gonna say a used XXX or Mesa F-50 FTW.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio