i play guitar by myself and when i play a song in tabs or chord it doesn't sound anything similar to the music i heard for that song. Am i playing something wrong I'm playing an acoustic guitar. For example i played smells like teen spirit by nirvana (i tried I'm not good at guitars yet) when i play it it doesn't sound like the beginning of the song. And when i played an acoustic song tears in heaven by Eric Clapton (chord) it doesn't sound like the beginning BUT maybe this guy chorded it wrong. I also played the mom song by Beatles and i also heard the song before playing and doesn't match. I play at a beginner's pace.

any1 experience this when they started out?
ummm the song may be in a different tuning.. YOU may be in a different tuning.. youre playing the wrong chords.. the bands playing the wrong chords.. al qaeda.. maybe youre not giving yourself enough credit
Are you reading the tab correctly? I've met many people that when learning to play read tab incorrectly.

Tab has six lines, which represent the six strings on a guitar. However, the direction is reversed. Meaning the bottom line on the tab is your low E string (the fat string on the top of your guitar) and vice versa. The top line in tab, or high E, is the bottom string on your guitar.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
Quote by Extraordinairy
i play guitar by myself and when i play a song in tabs or chord it doesn't sound anything similar to the music i heard for that song. Am i playing something wrong I'm playing an acoustic guitar. For example i played smells like teen spirit by nirvana (i tried I'm not good at guitars yet) when i play it it doesn't sound like the beginning of the song. And when i played an acoustic song tears in heaven by Eric Clapton (chord) it doesn't sound like the beginning BUT maybe this guy chorded it wrong. I also played the mom song by Beatles and i also heard the song before playing and doesn't match. I play at a beginner's pace.

any1 experience this when they started out?

EVERYBODY feels like this when they start out, it just takes a while to get used to the feel of the guitar, what your hands are supposed to do and learning to use your ears differently. It'll come in time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I had the same problem too, but just keep practicing, it may just be that.

maybe it was the wrong tabs, or your outta tune also.
Used to have that problem too man,don't worry bout it.Just practise and make sure your reading the tab correctly and your in the right tuning
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
well, there's also (with the electric) the band's distortion/effects/tone to consider
It's better to die quick fighting on your feet than to live forever begging on your knees.
Quote by steven seagull
EVERYBODY feels like this when they start out, it just takes a while to get used to the feel of the guitar, what your hands are supposed to do and learning to use your ears differently. It'll come in time.

Seconded.
one thing is that the beginning of 'smells like teen spirit' is played on an electric clean, not an accoustic. however it should sound similar at least. my best guess is that [a] you need to get your guitar in the same tune that the song is in, 'slts' is in normal tune (eadgbe) you just need to work on it. once you get something that sounds close keep practicing and it will sound more and more like it.
they call og or nothing at all!!
you might be using s different tone through your guitar or amp, try adjusting the knobs, you might also be slightly out of tune, or the tabs are wrong
if its none of them then you suck!!!

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Quote by Giant Tool
you might be using s different tone through your guitar or amp, try adjusting the knobs, you might also be slightly out of tune, or the tabs are wrong
if its none of them then you suck!!!

A) He said he is playing an acoustic...
B) The last part of your post was rude and uncalled for.

Anyway, I agree with what most people have said. You're playing acoustic, so of course it's going to sound a little different. It's always difficult to get the exact rhythm or sound, but with practice it should sound pretty close.
Quote by steven seagull

What he said.
Although I agree with everyone here already, it could also be that the song is in a different key to what you're playing it in. Unlikely, but possible.

Make sure your guitar is in tune, and that you've interpretted the tab correctly, and stick with trying to play along with the tracks. If both of those things are working for you, you can't go wrong, and your ears will tell you if you're right.

Go with the flow, man, you'll pick it up as you develop more.