The advanced search is being gay like usual and not working for me (502 proxy error or some crazy thing like that).

Procrastination is a struggling problem I've had since middle school started. I just don't ever want to do anything, and then I spend hours just thinking about doing it. Whenever I'm about to start homework, I just look at the book or piece of paper and then give up. I just don't have the motivation or want to do it. Thus, I never have completed homework. This is starting to really affect my grades, and it's about to get me kicked out of co-president of the student body and co-editor of the yearbook (Ms. Bube is the President and Mrs. Dunlop is the Editor, students aren't allowed to be 'em).

Does anyone else have procrastination problems? Is there any 'cure' or way to get better?
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
Just get off yer ass and do it. That's the only solution.

I'm a procrastinator aswell, but it doesn't affect my schooling because I'm a fast learner.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I have procrastination problems too. In fact, I should be getting my teacher recommendations for the college applications that are supposed to be mailed by Nov 1. That would be a good idea...
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Yes, I have supermassive procrastination problems. They've followed me all the way here to college and they're fcking me up even now. Get rid of them immediately. I wish I had the cure for you, but clearly I have no idea how to fix it

The best thing is to just do assignments as soon as they're given to you, when the information is fresh on your brain- or atleast attempt them after you've read the chapter, which should ideally be before class. The only thing is I can keep this up for a few days tops and then the whole thing goes over.

Plus, I don't know what you plan to do when you're out of school, but grades should be a decent enough motivation. I mean if you have the ability/capacity to do it, there's really nothing stopping you.
I have the same problem. I hate studying.

I saw a good t-shirt it said. Procrastinators: Leaders of tomorrow.
ive got em big time. i have always been a good student. i am positive i have the capability to get straight a's however, i am content with mixed a's and b's. i just dont feel motivated to do things. ill get it done eventually just at the absolute last minute. idk i know school is important, its just like i dont care. i think i need help. this year its been worse and my grades are struggling... worse i applied for a job and im worried that my grades will down the toilet once i start working
The only way to cure procrastination is to get off your ass and get things done.

That said, I have work to do. It can wait, just one more song...
you see i have procrastinated on my last two essays i had to write for shool that were like thirteen pages until the night before, and i had 6 weeks to do them. It just so happens i got a 200 out of 200 on both of them in an AP class equivilent to english 101 in college. So i think i am going to do it more often.
Quote by GuyWithAGeetar
im procrastiating right now. i have a 5 page report due in 12 hours and im in the pit

kudos
You are now blinking manually
I procrastinate alot too... I'm supposed to be studying for a test that counts for 25% of my final grade xD.

I have no clue how to fix it or anything though.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
actually, i'm procrastinating right now. this is a severe problem for me; its like a disease. the past 3 thursday nights have been doing papers due friday. one i finished at 7 am on the day it was due. the past 2 sundays have also been consumed by projects due monday, and i always find ways to dick off. if the mods could just ban me, i'd be less prone to procrastinate. well, now i've got to go finish a paper. i hate myself
I always procrastinate, what do you think I am doing right now?
The best way to fix it is say "Tomorrow, at [insert time], I am going to start [insert task]"
I usually set an alarm to remind me. The hardest part is getting started.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Quote by jravolta
I have procrastination problems too. In fact, I should be getting my teacher recommendations for the college applications that are supposed to be mailed by Nov 1. That would be a good idea...

Oh no. please do not procrastinate on those things.
My science teacher is procrastinating my recommendation letter and it's due in a few weeks.
I always procrastinate and so does my science class. I think everyone is doing the 5 pg lab report right now... and the sad thing is that I'm in the pit, not finished with mine.

i think it would be better if teachers said that projects are due the next day, then that'll get everyone off their asses
Quote by leftyrockr
Procrastination is like masturbation, even though it feels good, in the end, you're just ****ing yourself.

So ****ing true man! Possibly sigged
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
i thought about procrastination, but then i got back to being on u.g.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Lulz, I have to start on a 3 page minimum gov't paper on terrorism :P
It sounds like nothing compared to the above people
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
Quote by DINKY2691
ive got em big time. i have always been a good student. i am positive i have the capability to get straight a's however, i am content with mixed a's and b's. i just dont feel motivated to do things. ill get it done eventually just at the absolute last minute. idk i know school is important, its just like i dont care. i think i need help. this year its been worse and my grades are struggling... worse i applied for a job and im worried that my grades will down the toilet once i start working

woah!
you sound like some kind of impersonator...
ok, identity theft is not a joke! millions of families every year...
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
I'll just post a better reply later...
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
i procrastinate like ****. i dont no anyone who procrastinates more than i do. hell, i'm procrastinating right now. i'll stop procrastinating tomorow.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
Quote by CamPie
Ms. Bube is the President

How do you pronounce that? Boob? Or like byuub? harr harr

Procrastination sucks, I'm starting to suffer for it too. I have to do this 3 page review packet for Chemistry that was due today but the teacher will let me turn it in late. Guess why it was late?

And here I am...neglecting to do it. And a whole bunch of other stuff. The thing that sucks is when I actually force myself to do it, I can't focus.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Hmm well, I have a big exam tomorrow, and I haven't studied at all for it.
But then again I've already got my prelim results that have already got me a place somewhere....
Is that procrastination?
Quote by thrashfan
How do you pronounce that? Boob? Or like byuub? harr harr

Procrastination sucks, I'm starting to suffer for it too. I have to do this 3 page review packet for Chemistry that was due today but the teacher will let me turn it in late. Guess why it was late?

And here I am...neglecting to do it. And a whole bunch of other stuff. The thing that sucks is when I actually force myself to do it, I can't focus.

Like Boob...with ee at the end. So like booby. Haha. Everyone makes fun of her for it.
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
I'm procrastinating right now.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Pride your ability in finding other, obviously more important tasks to do instead.

Repeat this motto every morning in the mirror:
A procrastinator is a thinker!
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
i have a problem with this as well, it's chronic and i've been doing it for about 8 years.

it's not like i do anything important with my time either, i just wank on the internet or watch tv or screw around.
I have this problem as well, but generally I do okay if I spend 10-15 minutes doing work, then 10 minutes of break and then repeat until the work is done.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by Caressing Death
Pride your ability in finding other, obviously more important tasks to do instead.

Repeat this motto every morning in the mirror:
A procrastinator is a thinker!

I never thought of it that way! I think A LOT, it makes sense no?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I have the exact problems. Whatever you do, don't start playing Word of Warcraft if you're a procrastinator. I did that last year, and it completely ****ed me up big-time grades-wise and social-wise. Instead of doing work or doing something useful I'd play WoW for a bit, then -BAM-, I need to sleep. Good thing I sold my accounts, and I'm improving this year.

I hate being a lazy, procrastinating ****
i have the cure:

i'll type it up later i don't wanna now.

edit: someone beat me to it..
Last edited by Spitz13 at Oct 30, 2007,
Quote by Steve The Plank
I have the exact problems. Whatever you do, don't start playing Word of Warcraft if you're a procrastinator. I did that last year, and it completely ****ed me up big-time grades-wise and social-wise. Instead of doing work or doing something useful I'd play WoW for a bit, then -BAM-, I need to sleep. Good thing I sold my accounts, and I'm improving this year.

I hate being a lazy, procrastinating ****

Dude...I already fell into World of Warcraft and its curse. Luckily, I fell out of it. It got really gay.
But I've tried multiple versions of the do work, break, do work, etc. Like 30 minutes work, 15 minute break pattern...didn't work
15 minute work, 30-an hour break...didn't work.
Nothing seems to really work.
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z