Hey, all.

I play metal guitar, and I usually play in Drop A or B. I was wondering what would be the best set of strings I could buy to get that thick, chunky tone? I use a Fender Strat and a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone. My strings now are I think 56 gauge. I mean that the thickest string is a 56 (my thinnest string broke). The guy at guitar center behind the string counter said a 56 was the thickest a strat could use, but I was wondering if that would matter, since I'll be downtuning anyway.

Thanks.
I don't ever wanna be on TLC's Flip That House. It sounds like too much work.
You should be able to use any gauge if you set up the truss rod right.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I don't know what a truss rod is.
I don't ever wanna be on TLC's Flip That House. It sounds like too much work.
well, string gauge is pretty important especially when u got a tremelo or floyd rose, i would get .013 or .012 (thinnest string) you also might want to get some extra strings so the tremelo wont move because of the different tension for each string. i think .013 will work best for you. GET SLINKY'S!!!
get beefy slinkys

and you dont know what a truss rod is?

....wow
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Ernie ball slinkys suck in my opinion. They sound dead right out of the pack for me.. but people like them for strats for some reason. Jeff loomis of Nevermore uses a low B string of .070 on his Schecter (which he tunes down to B flat). So try to gind some strings that are .013-.070, or get single strings and make a custom set.

And also, you need an extra SPRING in the back, not an extra string.

The truss rod is a metal rod that runs along the length of the neck under the fretboard to keep it from warping and it's adjustable so you can maintain proper neck tension when changing to heavier strings.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
the truss rod is a metal pole that runs up the length of your neck
if u change string gauges, u have to get your truss rod adjusted, or your neck bends/curves
also, go for the 13s if you go down to B

edit: ^beat me to it ^
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
Quote by Shinozoku
Ernie ball slinkys suck in my opinion. They sound dead right out of the pack for me.. but people like them for strats for some reason. Jeff loomis of Nevermore uses a low B string of .070 on his Schecter (which he tunes down to B flat). So try to gind some strings that are .013-.070, or get single strings and make a custom set.

And also, you need an extra SPRING in the back, not an extra string.

The truss rod is a metal rod that runs along the length of the neck under the fretboard to keep it from warping and it's adjustable so you can maintain proper neck tension when changing to heavier strings.

wow, i'm dumb, what the **** was i thinking, extra string?

he's right though, spring not string.