Are you unpatriotic if you criticize a government. Im referring specifically to American right wing people who think if you criticize the war in iraq that you are unpatriotic. Personally the love for your country has nothing to do with commenting on (widely recognised) bad political decisions made. Discuss.
Political Thread.

*reported*
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by kriscornella2@g
Are you unpatriotic if you criticize a government. Im referring specifically to American right wing people who think if you criticize the war in iraq that you are unpatriotic. Personally the love for your country has nothing to do with commenting on (widely recognised) bad political decisions made. Discuss.

infact i think its exactly opposite, the poeple are suppoused to keep the gov't in check
if you follow everthing blindly your a facsist
and thats only the far far right side
You are now blinking manually
criticizing your government is the most ****ing american thing you can do! our nation was made so that we could criticize our government and make it work for us, and if need be, elect a new one.
Quote by mr.cheese..
Now I've got it! Masturbate in the mud while smoking weed!

Quote by darkstar2466
Meaning is not absolute.
Quote by metalhead_99801
criticizing your government is the most ****ing american thing you can do! our nation was made so that we could criticize our government and make it work for us, and if need be, elect a new one.

+1
Quote by Sicko 21X7
tremelo the brown note until she caves
I'm republican, but I completely disagree with what G dubya is doing.

/\ It even says in our Constitution or Declaration of Independence(Can't remember which), that if the government is doing a horrible job it's the peoples right to overthrow it and start over.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by metalhead_99801

i agree but it seems the bush guy is beyond criticism. why dont they have some sort of forum which people can see like in the uk the two main parties challenge each other weekly.
I love America. That makes me a patriot. I love the rights my vountry gives me. I disagree with our current president because we are engaged in a war that aside from genocide, can have no true victory, and that president has tried to pass laws that negate our right to personal privacy. That is one step away from facism.

I love my country, and the rights she gives me. I hate my leaders, who would take our rights away.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by metalhead_99801

I find it funny and ironic that after the Revolution, we had to crush a rebellion of our own. Not that I agree with secession/nullification, I just find it humorous.

You're absolutely right btw.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by kriscornella2@g
i agree but it seems the bush guy is beyond criticism. why dont they have some sort of forum which people can see like in the uk the two main parties challenge each other weekly.

That would never work on American television. They've got one of those on my local news network (channel 4 OKC, the NBC affiliate) in which the opposing views basically end up shouting at each other intelligibly every week. It's on Sundays at like 10a. Point: There is no intelligence in such shows since any intelligence would hurt ratings.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by kriscornella2@g

God, not this again. For the last time kidos, Government =/= Country .
Quote by MrYoshida
I hate the people that run the country, but I love the country. So yes, I am a patriot.

+1. I'm sick of people bashing America. Especially those who live in America who look down on their fellow citizens. Micheal Moore anybody??
Quote by SteveHouse
That would never work on American television. They've got one of those on my local news network (channel 4 OKC, the NBC affiliate) in which the opposing views basically end up shouting at each other intelligibly every week. It's on Sundays at like 10a. Point: There is no intelligence in such shows since any intelligence would hurt ratings.

Of course ratings>a politically more savvy public
Quote by shakes23
+1. I'm sick of people bashing America. Especially those who live in America who look down on their fellow citizens. Micheal Moore anybody??

What alot of people relize, is that there are 2 extremes to politics. There are the people like bush and the media, who Either try to scare us about terrorist attacks, or say things are going smooth in Iraq. Then there are the people like Micheal Moore who say the Goverment (Makes it sound like a huge machine, not individual people like your or me) Lies and controls everything. They are heartless and would kill thousands of people, if somethings no longer profitable (WTC). You gotta find the middle ground, and relize that there are many more parts to the country then just the government, and usually the government is the worst part of a country.

Theres one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me, put him up against the wall...
Quote by captainjackass
What alot of people relize, is that there are 2 extremes to politics. There are the people like bush and the media, who Either try to scare us about terrorist attacks, or say things are going smooth in Iraq. Then there are the people like Micheal Moore who say the Goverment (Makes it sound like a huge machine, not individual people like your or me) Lies and controls everything. They are heartless and would kill thousands of people, if somethings no longer profitable (WTC). You gotta find the middle ground, and relize that there are many more parts to the country then just the government, and usually the government is the worst part of a country.

Theres one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me, put him up against the wall...

Well said. If only we could have some common sense in politics.

and that one looks jewish, and that ones a coon
Quote by captainjackass
God, not this again. For the last time kidos, Government =/= Country .

i don't think you've understood the question. regardless of any other part of life in a country why are you considered unpatriotic to challenge a govt?. Kiddo indeed.