Well, after doing a lot of research (and saving a lot of money), I'm about ready to start buying parts for my first build.

I'm thinking it's going to be kind of like the EVH Frankenstein, but it will play much better.

Whatever body I can get, so long as it's a decent wood and is trem ready (either recessed Floyd or some other 2-hole config so I can use a Floyd).

The neck is going to be relatively good quality, probably Mighty Mite, maple fretboard, at least 22 frets, Floyd nut.

Pickup(s) will be decent, but not too expensive. If I only use 1 pickup, it will just have a volume and tone. If I decide to go with a HH config, it will Les Paul-style, with coil tapping.

Chrome hardware. Not picky about tuners or knobs. Licensed Floyd.

The only question I have now is: where can I get an inexpensive body? Probably a strat body, because they're easy to find. It also needs to be a decent wood (NOT poplar) at least ash or something.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
their bodies are expensive
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan

My UG Profile
Quote by eXperiment63

these look pretty good
the only thing I saw was that the neck pockets looked rather square to me, and the strat neck is curved at the end.

Quote by amazing FretMan

My UG Profile
Quote by jscustomguitars
Make your own body, its pretty easy.

I would like to do that eventually, but for this project, the only part I'm going to make is the pickguard.
I will probably modify the body that I do buy though

Quote by amazing FretMan

My UG Profile
Updated!
I got a body, bridge, and tuners, and I'm about to order a neck.
Is it OK if I paint the body right now, or should I wait until after I drill all the holes for bridge, pickguard, etc?

Quote by amazing FretMan

My UG Profile
Quote by EVH_iS_g0d
Updated!
I got a body, bridge, and tuners, and I'm about to order a neck.
Is it OK if I paint the body right now, or should I wait until after I drill all the holes for bridge, pickguard, etc?

I would wait, then there is a bit of room for mistakes........

Please say your gonna do a black and yellow franky......there are to many red one