In my band class, I'm playing bass drum and alt. percussion right now for the football games, but once basketball starts my teacher will move me back over to guitar along with one other kid in band. We will have our band drummer come too, and we'll bring the band's bassist (or I will play bass, if he can't make it).
We will be playing classic rock/hard rock songs to get the fans and BALLAS pumped for the game during timeouts, before the game, etc. Anyways, if you have any suggestions for songs that we could play (obviously songs that would sound good and recognizable without a singer).
I'm an intermediate guitarist / bassist, the other guitarist is pretty new, the real bassist is insanely good, and the drummer is decent. So far I've thought of:

Crazy Train - Ozzy
Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions
Baba O Riley - The Who
Foxxy Lady - Hendrix
Purple Haze - Hendrix
London Calling - Clash
Killing In The Name Of - RATM
Lay It Down - Ratt
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (even though it kills me to play it, I live in seattle so I pretty much have to... )
Sweet Child O Mine - GNR
Layla - Derik And The Dominoes (I doubt our other guitarist could play the rythym though )

That's pretty much the list so far. Even though it seems like a lot, we don't want to have to repeat a song more than twice the whole season. We are very open to suggsetions. Just make sure the song is easily recognizable and will sound good without a singer.
Metallica - master of puppets
Motley Crue - shout at the devil.

Honestly, just pick some songs off of a guitar hero, and they'll probably recognize it.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
there's no way in hell my other guitarist could play CFH (and my band teacher is making him tag along and I'll get in trouble if he says he didn't play much...). Also most people who either play basketball or go to the games don't know pantera.
Sadly I think I'll get the best response from playing stuff like Back In Black.
And I don't think I've ever heard "Party Like A Rockstar" but I just searched the tab, and it doesn't exactly look like a good song to play. It looks like it's mostly recognizable rapping with background guitar, and I want songs with recognizable guitar.
Seven nation army....very easy and everyone knows it
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
BEST PUMP UP SONG EVER!

Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers. You say you have a good bassit. Utilise him. Get your other guitarist to play chords or something... with you over the top.
I hate my username, it all happened in a rush

████████████████████████████████████████████
Veil of Maya.

Do it.
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
welcome to the jungle, soulja boi, enter sandman, walk, I was made for loving you, rock and roll all nite
Quote by METAL MILITIA1
welcome to the jungle, soulja boi, enter sandman, walk, I was made for loving you, rock and roll all nite

if i heard that **** bein played i would have to ****ing shoot the band
You are now blinking manually
Yeah Can't stop sounds good. Or Give it away if you can play it.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Dude......that stuff doesn't fit basketball at all. Do some band versions of Rap songs with good beats in them. I can't recall a moment at Madison square garden that Pantera started playing......
Quote by srv2112
In my band class, I'm playing bass drum and alt. percussion right now for the football games, but once basketball starts my teacher will move me back over to guitar along with one other kid in band. We will have our band drummer come too, and we'll bring the band's bassist (or I will play bass, if he can't make it).
We will be playing classic rock/hard rock songs to get the fans and BALLAS pumped for the game during timeouts, before the game, etc. Anyways, if you have any suggestions for songs that we could play (obviously songs that would sound good and recognizable without a singer).
I'm an intermediate guitarist / bassist, the other guitarist is pretty new, the real bassist is insanely good, and the drummer is decent. So far I've thought of:

Crazy Train - Ozzy
Rock You Like A Hurricane - Scorpions
Baba O Riley - The Who
Foxxy Lady - Hendrix
Purple Haze - Hendrix
London Calling - Clash
Killing In The Name Of - RATM
Lay It Down - Ratt
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana (even though it kills me to play it, I live in seattle so I pretty much have to... )
Sweet Child O Mine - GNR
Layla - Derik And The Dominoes (I doubt our other guitarist could play the rythym though )

That's pretty much the list so far. Even though it seems like a lot, we don't want to have to repeat a song more than twice the whole season. We are very open to suggsetions. Just make sure the song is easily recognizable and will sound good without a singer.

Anychance you live in Spokane dude? Or in that area?

EDIT: Woops, just read that your in the Seattle area, you sound like one of my friends, and we're in the same boat as you pretty much haha, same song ideas too!
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Last edited by CaptainOfSmug at Oct 30, 2007,
This is the easiest question ever.

The Space Jam soundtrack.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
^ YES! Eye of the Tiger is perfect! Thank you, I'll add it to the list!
Last edited by srv2112 at Oct 30, 2007,