i found just getting a chord progression u like and then playing from there is a gd way to start, however if u cant be arsed then just find a song u really like with sweep picking in it and start learning that, take it slow and go from there.

concentrate on your clarity of the notes and work on getting each and every note being played in the right order then work on the speed, building on it slowly, raising the bpm only like 5-10 bpms if and when u feel like u can do it faster.
any type of picking is based on training your hands so practise is the only way.
soz i dont have any links and im probably talking common sense, but i hope i was some help
keep cool
leper messiah by metallica has some simple 3 string sweeps in it. it would be a good place to start if u like metallica.
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
The repeated arpeggios in Serrana are good patterns to learn. Just do them crazy slow.
Quote by nightwind
You must never double the leading tone ever. Failure to comply will result in a fugue related death.
I find the motion for sweeping hard as hell, but once you can do it is it second nature?
^
I would say that it depends on how much you practice and what you practice. I've found that learning economy picking (2-string sweeps) forms a very strong foundation to build your sweep picking chops. I worked on using economy picking to play scale patterns and short little repeating licks for a while before I moved on to 3-, 4-, 5-, and 6-string sweeps.

And to the TC: once you get comfortable with economy picking, a good next step is to learn your major, minor, diminished, and augmented triad arpeggios. Also, if you have big enough hands, learning to sweep pentatonic scales sounds ridiculously awesome. The key thing to remember is musicality; some people take sweeping way too seriously, and create entire solos with it, playing exactly the same speed and not paying any attention to note choice. Remember that rhythm is the basis of all music; if you're not playing with good rhythm, your solo will flatline within seconds.
I found it best to start with 3 string arpeggio shapes. Make sure you are playing them clean and only one note is sounding at a time, this is important! After starting with 3 string shapes, progress to 4-5-6-7 string shapes as you feel the need…
Quote by Jackolas
I find the motion for sweeping hard as hell, but once you can do it is it second nature?

If you practice any motion enough it becomes easy, you just have to find the right number of times to do it i.e. LOTS!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
As well, if it hasn't been pointed out - put your distortion on when practicing sweeps because you'll be able to hear every little mistake.
I've pretty much just started learning to sweep. I still can't do it clean enough to even attempt something hard. I've learnt some sweeps in Towards Dead End. but i have to play them really slow.
Quote by muffinman123192
Would putting dist. on mask his mistakes?

Not in this situation. You would practice things like legato clean so you can hear if one finger is hammering/pulling weaker than the others, but for sweeping you need distortion as you can clearly hear if more than one note is ringing.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Like with any skill you should practice it on both clean and distorted channels; clean to get it clean with even notes etc... and distorted to get your muting technique down.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.