Hey everyone, I'm considering getting a Gibson BFG as my next guitar (to replace my crappy Epiphone Les Paul Special II that i love to hate and hate to love.) I already like the tone and the sound and all that fun stuff about the gibson, to the point where i was making up (more) excuses to go to the music store and play with it.

What i want to know is, considering how unfinished it looks, what's the quality like on these things? Has anyone bought one yet and put it through the paces? Accidently dropped it? Stuff like that. I know my Epiphone started falling apart a few months after i got it ( i still love it for some reason though, it's like a high school crush) And i would like to avoid this.

Thanks for any help you can give.
i want a black bfg for some odd reason
they do sound good buy they are so god damned ugly
anyways i want to know about finishing them
just a really light coat
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Yea, but i have no taste, so i like ugly instruments. I also like the fact that it has a built in killswitch and the nice P-90 in the neck position.
I hear that, like a lot of cheaper gibsons, they've got some major quality control issues with it. If you're thinking of buying one, inspect it thouroughly for anything, and you might want to try and spring for some sort of extended warranty.
I've played one, one thing, put a plastic tip on the pickup selector switch, bloody hell that thing hurts if you change a lot.