2 neutrons wait im wrong its 6 i believe

EDIT : its 8 look on wiki
Last edited by a_man at Oct 30, 2007,
how many protons does it have? That's how many neutrons it has.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
8 i tought
Quote by Nor'Easterbass
alucardmik is actually from the outer rings of jupiter and likes to drink goat milk while rubbing his nipples counterclockwise. so i hear...
An oxygen atom has 8 protons and electrons, but can have any number of neutrons. Oxygen atoms with differing numbers of neutrons from one another are isotopes of eachother.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right
Quote by mr_bill0ws
An oxygen atom has 8 protons and electrons, but can have any number of neutrons. Oxygen atoms with differing numbers of neutrons from one another are isotopes of eachother.

correct ...ish
Quote by mr_bill0ws

I think the most common isotopes have 8 neutrons (avg atomic weight ~15.999 if I remember right). But he is right.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

8, but it can change (like mr_bill0ws said)

To find neutrons you take the atomic weight from the atomic number
i.e. for oxygen...

O

The top is number of protons (atomic number), the O is the symbol and the 16 (mass number) is protons + neutrons.

If you have a mass number that's not a whole number (i.e. carbon is 12.01), you just round to the closest whole number.
......... because here at mcdonald's our special ingredient is our people...