There's a new PS3 40 gig model for $600 and i was thinking of getting it although it says it only has 2 USB ports rather then 4 like on the 60gig version which is $1000 over here i think
. Are the USB ports like controller ports on PS3 ?
Or is it just for plugging it into the comp or something :S
I also saw a 80 gig model for like $600 with a game included although it was on ebay and from Hong Kong. Now the guy has good feedback but is it safe to buy something this expensive over ebay ?
I need something to keep occupied throughout the christmas holidays and i can't play guitar because brother will be studying for uni.
The 40gb is 699. The 60gb is 999 and discontinued. once stores sell out (which most already have) there will be no more 60gb's coming to Aus. The USB's are only used for charging the controllers. The 40gb does not play ps2 games btw whereas the 60gb did (but not very well). Do not ever buy anything from that hong kong b.s. on ebay, let alone a ps3.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
^^ that is wrong, i am an assistant manager at Eb and the 60gb model WILL NOT be discontinued, it will still be around for years and years.

the 40gb model is just to try and get a few more mainstream buyers of christmas.
i dont know who told u that but its wrong.

i personally have the 60gb version, and i love it. cost me 700 after i traded in my ps2 as well.

its well worth it, esspecially with the amount of great games coming out soon.

and yes i think u should buy the one from hong kong, as the consoles and games are universal, which means no region coding. try to get the 600 bucks covered if u can, like using paypal or something

but get it!!

they are beautifull things
40GB version doesn't have backwards compatibility, therefore you're bound only to the limited games that the PS3 has to offer.

Basically, get a different package.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
£310 for the 40gb with a game of your choice here sounds good to me i am going to buy it tomorrow when i get paid
ps3 40gb isn't backwards compatible. If you want to play old games too you'd better hang onto your ps2.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by maca-venagas
^^ that is wrong, i am an assistant manager at Eb and the 60gb model WILL NOT be discontinued, it will still be around for years and years.

the 40gb model is just to try and get a few more mainstream buyers of christmas.
i dont know who told u that but its wrong.

i personally have the 60gb version, and i love it. cost me 700 after i traded in my ps2 as well.

its well worth it, esspecially with the amount of great games coming out soon.

and yes i think u should buy the one from hong kong, as the consoles and games are universal, which means no region coding. try to get the 600 bucks covered if u can, like using paypal or something

but get it!!

they are beautifull things

Everyone knows Sony are phasing out the 60gbs. What planet are you on?

n00b.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I don't think backwards compatability is even really an issue.

How many PS1 games do you play on your PS2 at the minute?

I used to be a huge advocat of backwards compat, then I kinda realised I didn't need it.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

I used to be a huge advocat of backwards compat, then I kinda realised I didn't need it.

But there were more PS2 games at launch than PS3 games.
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Quote by howey
There's a new PS3 40 gig model for $600 and i was thinking of getting it although it says it only has 2 USB ports rather then 4 like on the 60gig version which is $1000 over here i think
. Are the USB ports like controller ports on PS3 ?
Or is it just for plugging it into the comp or something :S
I also saw a 80 gig model for like $600 with a game included although it was on ebay and from Hong Kong. Now the guy has good feedback but is it safe to buy something this expensive over ebay ?

buy a 360.
Quote by notoriousnumber
High five!!...

Actually no, youre an idiot.
Quote by estranged_2003
£310 for the 40gb with a game of your choice here sounds good to me i am going to buy it tomorrow when i get paid

Its 310 quid now??
Why not just fork out an extra 40 for the 60GB with all the features?

TS- If you really care about the backwards compatibility, just get an import console. It will be cheaper, so even after the import tax and delivery charge (depending on where you buy it from) it will still work out a tiny bit cheaper and more worthwhile.

yesasia.com is gooooood.

Edit:
Quote by -February-Star-

Another point to add is that the 40gig doesn't have memory card slots, so you can't take save files etc. to friends houses or whatever.

Just in case you/anyone else didnt know- they are Memory stick duo, SD card and CF card slots, not the playstation card slots.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Last edited by Blackbullet at Oct 30, 2007,
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

For the time being, I'd like to still be able to play old games on it (e.g. past GTAs, at least until GTA 4 comes out).

Also, the current selection of PS3 games is dire. If I was to get one, I'd wait for more better games before getting the 40gig OR buy the 60gig now. As it stands, the 40gig just isn't worth getting yet.

Another point to add is that the 40gig doesn't have memory card slots, so you can't take save files etc. to friends houses or whatever.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Wait a few more months. After Christmas, PS3s will drop in price, Sony cant afford to keep the prices as high as they are right now, as PS3s are currently the worst selling out of the new consoles.

Or do what Im doing, and buy a faulty 360 off ebay for a hundred quid, and pay 50 to get it fixed.
Quote by ClaptonWannabe

- Final Fantasy 7
- Tony Hawks 1, 2, 3
- Metal Gear Solid
- Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3
- Tekken 3

Need I go on?
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by purplegreendave
- Final Fantasy 7
- Tony Hawks 1, 2, 3
- Metal Gear Solid
- Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, 3