Can some of you really good singers/guitarists out there give some tips for singing while playing guitar at the same time . It's Really Hard for me at the moment.
yeah start with realllly easy songs like 4 chord strumming and just sing. You'll find you improve over time then you can gradually keep trying new things. It helps if you make sure you can play/sing the parts separately without thinking about it so practice practice practice.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
paranoid by black sabbath is good for starting
GEAR!

Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Stratocaster
Vintage Wilkinson SG
Stagg SW206CE-BK
Westfield PB bass
Boss ME-50
Behdringer-UD100
Digitech RP50
Marshall 50 watt
Carlsbro kick start 12w
Marshall mini m2
WWW.myspace.com/runawayjesusband
paranouid though pearn that and sing coz after a while you can sign any
good luck
GEAR!

Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Stratocaster
Vintage Wilkinson SG
Stagg SW206CE-BK
Westfield PB bass
Boss ME-50
Behdringer-UD100
Digitech RP50
Marshall 50 watt
Carlsbro kick start 12w
Marshall mini m2
WWW.myspace.com/runawayjesusband
yeh tis quite hard i try to sing the tune but then my rythym goes kaput on the guitar its hard stuff!!
Thanks guys for teh help. I know how to play paranoid already so i'll try that. Cheers
Practice, practice practice. that's the only advice I have. The more you do it, the more you'll be able to do it.
what comes up comes out
what i usually do is:
i learn the music first, i learn it very well till you can play it without focusing on what you are playing
and then
i learn the lyrics the same way so that when i play it the song jsut comes to me and i dont even have to think about it....
two was that help me was
1) go slow play the first cord of the vers like a (g) cord and sing to it
strum (G) & sing-[IF I]
then (D) & sing-[LEAVE HERE]
then (Em) & sing-[TOMMROW]
then (F) & sing-[WOULD YOU STILL]
then (C) & sing-[REMBER]
then (D)& sing-[ME]

2) Still going slow HUMMM it intell you can word it right.
Good Luck

OMNISIN
SDMF
I find that it's not the actual playing of the chords and stuff that makes it hard to sing and play, but more like getting the rhythm of the sturmming to go with the rhythm of the singing. Once you get that down, it's easy
"There's a fine line between stupid and clever"
- David St. Hubbins
It comes with time, I currently struggle with playing a 'solo' or very long riff while singing an entirely different vocal line.
I'd say that Iron Man is a waaaaay easier song to play while singing, as the vocals go to the rhythm of the riff. Masybe Enter Sandman too, that one's pretty easy.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
forget paranoid and singing together if your having REAL problems. theres a reason why ozzy osbourne didn't play and sing at the same time and kurt cobain did. some people cant use that much skill at the same time and are really good at both things separately. when you listen to most singers/guitarists who play and sing at the same time it's usually either a simple song and really good vocals (Nirvana) or really good guitar and really simple vocals (hendrix) Now there are people who can do both extremely well, but they are really hard to find. paranoid wouldnt be a good starter for singing and playing at the same time cuz it's just a lead guitar doing crap the whole time. i would suggest nirvana if you have alot of trouble. just dont scream if you dont know how without shredding your vocals like i did (got melissa cross's dvd to help me out with screaming). if i were you i would just sing where kurt cobain screams. i busted TWO (thats right, TWO, take that Avenged Sevenfold!) blood vessels on my vocal chords while covering one of nirvana's songs.
I would start out just leraning simple chordal songs. If you're talking about singing and playing really complex guitar then hell, you're gonna have trouble, cos it aint easy!
If were talking about a simple repeated riff, like say...Sweet Child of Mine, not too bad, but somehing complex like Satrway to Heaven (sorry for the generic examples, had to give something people might relate to) that chnages a lot might be harder.
Like I said, just start with chords. Learn, like, Bob Dylan songs or something else dead simple.
Reccomendations: Bright Eyes, Neutral MIlk Hotel, Dylan, Oasis etc...
Try using a song that you like and know. practice the chords or riffs until you don't need to think about them and then focus on singing in rhythm.
also when you can play and sing you might run into the problem of vocals sound ing with vibrato when your not using vibrato on purpose. to solve that just learn to play with your guitar or bass lowered so its not hitting your diaphragm or stomach
Ibanez SR 505
Brice Defiant 6 lizardburst (soon to have)
GK 700rbII
GK BXL 4x10
GK BXL 1x15
Boss GT10B (soon to have)