Hi fellow UGers...
Im looking at schecter guitars atm as a possible future investment, or maybe an LTD..
The models im looking at
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter Avenger
Schecter C-1 Elite
LTD KH202
and maybe some explorer models
*i dunno how im gonna find all these in indonesia funnily enough esp dont have an indonesia dealer on their website even though some LTD are manufactured there
anywae...

Which one of these would be best suited to my playing? i would like eventually to play some heavy stuff like machine head, metallica, trivium, arch enemy and stuff like that but i gladly listen to stuff such as bob marley, clapton, keith urban , foo fighters, or other "softer" stuff.. i think 600 would be my budget.. i mite be able to squeze some more but not much and i have decided that i will not buy anythin more expensive than that (c1 classsic being the exception coz i've heard lots of good things about it)
I also need the clean sound to be good as sometimes i just want to play it as it is.. clean so does that mean that i should go for passives and steer away from emg actives? if you havent realised by now im nowhere near intermideate in my guitar journey
go for the schecter omen 6, with an option of the floyd rose tremolo, there about 500-600 for a good one and good alnico pickups that u can use for anything
can c1 classic do metal well? i saw some comments on youtube that the classic isnt as good as other for metal...
Is ltd so bad? even the KH202 ?
get a schecter c-1 hellraiser withouth the floyd rose,its $650 and the emg 81 in the bridge is good for metal and the 85 in the neck is perfect for rock,blues and stuff.
i just played this guitar yesterday and its amazing.
the classic can do metal it has duncan pickups they will sound just fine, also LTD 400 series guitars are some of the best mid range guitars, they have alot of features most companies wouldnt put in that price range.
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
i would say the elite, and then mabey get EMGs if u really get into some metal later on
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

My classic does metal fairly well, although I will be switching the JB out for a Duncan Distortion soon. I'd say Classic for versatility, Hellraiser for metal (although I can't stand EMGs).
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Look at a Jackson Dk2 instead. Beats all the others in quality by a long shot, and its made in Japan. Extremely versatile too.
I've heard from some people that cleans on emgs arent so good and it picks up like every single thing... is that tru ? ive heard the samples from the website and they sound fine to me but they theyre probably make it sound better than it is to sel it wont they?
EMGs do pick up alot more harmonics and such, but for metal thats a good thing, it will make you practice your technique and not play sloppy chords and leads when you have EMGs, and they arent great for cleans but the 60 does alright as long as your amp has a solid clean channel, mesa dual rectos or peavy 5150s would be amps to stay away from if you want EMGs and a clean tone
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
I think i mite steer away from actives atm coz i dont have any money after i buy this to buy a good amp that would probably glorify it... i only buy one thing for a year... so this yr is the guitar nxt yr would probably a tube amp.. but thats a thread for nxt yr
Quote by CJRocker
Look at a Jackson Dk2 instead. Beats all the others in quality by a long shot, and its made in Japan. Extremely versatile too.

+1, i own one, and it seriously ****s on the LTD's. Custom shop ESPs are great, ESP standards are decent, but not that special. As for LTDs.... hmm...

Seriously, go for the jackson.
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Il try and find the jackson in Indo, but its very hard to find those japanese ones.. and though i live in aus, i cant afford **** coz everything here is like twice the price of US... "sad... but true"
Quote by rockstar_jones
+1, i own one, and it seriously ****s on the LTD's. Custom shop ESPs are great, ESP standards are decent, but not that special. As for LTDs.... hmm...

Seriously, go for the jackson.

id almost go as far to say as the LTD 400 series have better build quality than jackson japan, you get far better tone woods, set or neck through design, and possibly the best wiring outside of the US
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
BTW how do emgs sound with a roland microcube? well thats my first and only amp
im too slightly leaning towards the LTD rather than jackson, nothing to do with the whole fender thing.. i just think LTD sound better..
They're all decent enough guitars, but there in no way an investment....expect to lose half thae value as soon as you look at them.

Also EMG's wouldn't sound all that great though a Microcube because they can't do what they're designed to do...the Microcube works differently.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by dertjoe
id almost go as far to say as the LTD 400 series have better build quality than jackson japan, you get far better tone woods, set or neck through design, and possibly the best wiring outside of the US

The downside is they're made in Korea and using the cheapest mahogany they can probably get their hands on. that, and they don't seem like they would hold up very well in the long run. I will say the pots and switches used are often superior though.
there are lots of Shecter recommendations, but i dont think it would be very smart price-wise to get a shecter (american) guitar in indonesia. I also live in asia, and i have a cort guitar (k6), which is a korean brand but is actually pretty good. those have good value in asia
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...