Is there any electric guitar software for PC that emulates a efffects pedal board?

Like, you plug your guitar into your PC, and then you can use a "virtual" efects pedal board?

I'd like to know if such a software exists... Not for live gigs, of course, but to mess around and experiment, just for fun, it would be useful...
It would be also useful to test some effects before buying the actual pedal without having to go to the music store [lazy...]
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
theres one called guitar rig, thats ridiculasly good, u can choose ya amps, cabs, mics, how u mic the cabs..plus a range of effects.
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Once again...it's the NME, they're notorious for being dumbasses. I know that, and I live in Texas for Christ's sake!

"If you think you've got it, shove it out, run it up the flagpole, and see who salutes it."
Thank you very much for your help, rock_guitargod!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
well i know there is softwear for your computer and i know you can install and usb pannel on your guitar go into guitar building and customizing
guitar rig is pretty good,but theres this problem where everything you play comes out delayed for a split second,so its really confusing when you start playing,thats why i prefer my amp much much more!
it has some decent settings though..
you can use ASIO 4 All that should help with the delay...
btw I use a M-Audio Jamlab as my audio interface (instrument-> computer) and it works very well
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
Last edited by LiveinBerkum at Oct 30, 2007,
Quote by Alijonroth
guitar rig is pretty good,but theres this problem where everything you play comes out delayed for a split second,so its really confusing when you start playing,thats why i prefer my amp much much more!
it has some decent settings though..

nope, thats a problem with your computer mate. specs probably arent up to much.
Quote by Moontard
nope, thats a problem with your computer mate. specs probably arent up to much.

No its a problem with his soun interface. Not having a decent latency free setup and latency free drivers screw up a lot.

Anyway, back to topic, try out guitarrig and amplitube. Guitarrig has more options but IMO sounds worse than amplitube.

For connecting your guitar, you can directly connect it with a cable, but you'll get latency(a delay between when you play and when you hear the note).
You can use ASIO4All to get this latency down, but the best option would be to get an analogue to digital converter like stealthplug or a line6 toneport. They come with amplitube and gearbox respectively which will do amp sims for you.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
You can get a Line 6 Toneport which comes with Gearbox software.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.