I just thougt you all my like to see this, its perfect for most guitarists/bands.

http://www.behringer.com/502/index.cfm?lang=eng

Just a though for you guys, although if anybody can help me on this, what do i use to record it to my pc?

Cheers

Custom Built Pearlescent Red Strat

Alpine White Les Paul Copy
Cream Fender Tele Copy
Vox Amps
Just use a cable from the cd/tape output?
Thats how I do it..

Or if you have stereo input on your computer, use the jack stereo output..

And third, use the phones out?
i have the Xenyx 1204 and it is good as well. The quality of it is deffinitly great for learning with.
Just a tip though, you will probably have a hard time recording straight to your computer.
Well I couldnt get a good sound anyways, but maybe with the right audio interface you would
have better luck than I. Actually, I found success with recording to a mini-disk player, I know,
its not tape, but it actually has a really good natural sound and it compress quite nicely.
When i get this, i was hoping to have it to the pc, so that one channel went to the first channel on the pc and 2nd to 2nd in Adobe Audition. So i can have two guitars being recorded in different channels, so i can edit them both later.

But minidisk does seem the better way atm

Custom Built Pearlescent Red Strat

Alpine White Les Paul Copy
Cream Fender Tele Copy
Vox Amps
yeah i mean its not the best way but it works for me since at the moment I dont want to start buying Reel-to-Reel stuff. If you really wanted you could pan one guitar hard left and the other hard right and then just separate them that way so you can easily split them into two tracks.
A very common mistake is that a mixer is necessary or beneficial to a recording setup. It is certainly is NOT necessary and 90% not even beneficial.

A mixer "mixes" all the given signals down to a stereo out that will then be sent to the speakers - but you are not trying to send your audio just to speakers - you want to record each individual instrument and THEN send it to the speakers, so why exactly would a device that "mixes" down your audio before you even record it be useful - the answer is... it isn't.

What you need is an audio interface that will connect directly with your PC and allow you to record each instrument to a different track, which will then be mixed down by the software and sent to the speakers. The ONLY time you will want a mixer is if your audio interface doesn't have enough inputs to say record drums, and you need to extend it by having multiple inputs on the mixer mixed down to one input on the audio interface.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by ever dying
Just use a cable from the cd/tape output?
Thats how I do it..

Or if you have stereo input on your computer, use the jack stereo output..

And third, use the phones out?

Probably a stupid question, but does this include all the leads/wires to connect to a pc? or do you have to buy the wires seperately.

I dont have this, but i am in serious consideration over it, my friend told me it is really good, and fairly cheap.
Quote by thrice_removed
A very common mistake is that a mixer is necessary or beneficial to a recording setup. It is certainly is NOT necessary and 90% not even beneficial.

A mixer "mixes" all the given signals down to a stereo out that will then be sent to the speakers - but you are not trying to send your audio just to speakers - you want to record each individual instrument and THEN send it to the speakers, so why exactly would a device that "mixes" down your audio before you even record it be useful - the answer is... it isn't.

What you need is an audio interface that will connect directly with your PC and allow you to record each instrument to a different track, which will then be mixed down by the software and sent to the speakers. The ONLY time you will want a mixer is if your audio interface doesn't have enough inputs to say record drums, and you need to extend it by having multiple inputs on the mixer mixed down to one input on the audio interface.

This is true. Drummers need multitrack mixers, but they have to be firewire so it can record more than 2 channels seperately and simultaneously.