depends on how much the floyd costs, installing it is easy, so you can install it by youself if you have a little expierience with floyds
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Installing is easy if your guitar's already routed for it. If not, then the whole job will cost about £100/200$
ohai little sig.
if its pre routed for a floyd and if it has a licensed floyd it would be we'd do it for $20
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Depending on if you have a quality of the LFR I would consider keeping it. Some LFR are made well out of hardened steel etc. I just had a long talk with my repairman about the same thing. I got a BC Rich Mockingbird with a LFR and the owner before me blocked and either the guitar store messed it up of the old owner did. So it didn't work right after I unblocked it.
He had a LFR in his parts bin from a different guitar company that is a quality hardened steel piece he will replace mine with. He told me he has seen good ones and bad ones on the same brand and model guitars. Sometimes the better ones were even on cheaper guitars. I guess it all depends on who made the LFR for them.

You would think if FR is going to license these things they would specify quality. I know if I owned a company and was going to allow other companies to use my patent and name it would be at least of comparable quality. A real FR is quite expensive I priced them out unless you can find a good used one it's going to set you back.

I was going to try and score an original on Ebay until my repairman suggested a good LFR that he had. Luckily he has several so the whole thing is only going to cost me $65.00 total. That includes new strings and setting it up! An original FR would have cost me between $170.00 to $200.00 then instalation and set up. There are good LFR out there finding one might be the hardest part of the whole deal. If your going to buy a LFR just make sure it's made of hardened steel and not cast metal or brass. Even a good LFR is going to run about $120.00 new.

John
I'd look for a used OFR. I bet you could find one for a reasonable price, around $120 for one in good shape. If you're guitar is routed for it, as mentioned, the shop would probably charge around $60 to put it in and setup your guitar. If its not routed, be ready to fork out at least another $150 to get it done.
Thanks everyone. The guitar I want to get is an ESP MMV-SN: http://82.116.235.22/epages/musa.axl/?ObjectID=5897&Locale=en_GB It comes with a licensed floyd rose which I heard isn't that good.

I've read reviews that say the routing of the floyd is not very deep, so it limits your tremolo movement. Is it possible to modify the routing to allow very big dives and squeals?
Last edited by fixationdarknes at Oct 30, 2007,
Quote by fixationdarknes
Thanks everyone. The guitar I want to get is an ESP MMV-SN: http://82.116.235.22/epages/musa.axl/?ObjectID=5897&Locale=en_GB It comes with a licensed floyd rose which I heard isn't that good.

I've read reviews that say the routing of the floyd is not very deep, so it limits your tremolo movement. Is it possible to modify the routing to allow very big dives and squeals?

it is but itl run you a bit. also, is that bolt or thru?
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by bodomfan666
it is but itl run you a bit. also, is that bolt or thru?

How much would modifying the floyd rose routing cost?

This MMV has a set neck by the way.