Hey
I plan to buy a podx3 soon and i was considering getting a tube preamp along with it.
so i was thinking:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-MIC200-Tube-Ultra-Gain-Preamp?sku=182491
I intend to record on my desktop. I will be getting the podx3 bean - so , would the combo work? Where in the chain should i put the ultragain? i would prefer to go directly to the computer (My amp aint great, nor do i have a decent mic).
Oh, btw, i wont be able to get a better amp nytime soon , as i am in India. (they charge craploads for any amp here unless it is utter crap and i doubt il be able to get one shipped)
Thank You
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
Bumpbumpbump
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
You have the right idea, but I wouldn't use a Behringer preamp. I would try and get a multieffects pedal that has amp models, like a Vox Tonelab. Even a Digitech or Boss would be a step up.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
umm... i was thinking of using the PODX3(bean)'s amp models and warm up the sound with a tube.
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Bumpp@!!!##!
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Bumpitybumpdebump
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Unless you want to get a tube POWERAMP (the POD acts like a preamp and you don't need another one), and run it into a cab which will then be mic'ed, your best option is just to use the line out of the POD straight into an audio interface.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

The thing is, i want to use the USB output on the pod as it enables multitrack recording AS WELL AS incorporate a tube to add a bit of sag and character, so, is it possible?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Quote by chase312
You have the right idea, but I wouldn't use a Behringer preamp. I would try and get a multieffects pedal that has amp models, like a Vox Tonelab. Even a Digitech or Boss would be a step up.

It sounds like you don't know what a POD is, which makes me wonder why you would even reply to a thread.

Threadstarter, I wouldn't bother. You could mic up a cabinet as thrice said. But you may just be happy with the results going directly out of the POD will give you. It can give some very nice results if you learn to properly set up your tones, and makes demoing songs and trying to find different sound ideas very easy.