my gear=
fender mex strat with custom shop 69 strat pickups>Zvex fuzz factory>marshall mg30dfx

i hate the mg30 got as a present and after two years i now have some money to replace it and i just started in a band so i need to be louder. was looking at the line 6 spider iii thinking that a 150watt would be great how wrong i was, i know now that watt doesn't necessarily mean loudness, since the mg30dfx has a power output of 4 ohms i presume that an output of 8 ohms would be fine for small gigging/band practice???, it has to be a combo because i practice at the top of a warehouse so kinda hard to get to.

i like the a heavy guitar sound, and with the fuzz factory do i just need a good clean channel to plug it in to??

i have around £300 and have been looking at the Vox VALVETRONIX, Roland Cube 60, peavy valvekings, marshall avt theres so dam many. any help or suggestions of other amps would be much appreciated.

i found a 2nd hand marshall avt275 for £200, but i heard that there pretty lame??
or is it worth saving a few more pennies for something else if so what??
thanks
well if you like your heavy guitar sounds then get a les paul lol
my set up is a epiphone les paul, boss gt8 effects processor and a marshal el34 100/100 with 1960a cab. there you looking at a beast of a sound best by far i have ever heard and i have had a wide range of amps from laney, carlsbro and hughes & ketnber. if i was you i would save your money to get something in the end that will sound great, feel great and last you. no point spending so much money on something that you just want on a practise to then in future get something that you want for gigging which you will end up getting anyway.
well good luck anyway, thats what i would do.
You can't get Palominos over here in the UK. Best bet would be to look for a Laney VC30. That will give plenty of volume and headroom for gigging, and they're really nice sounding amps.
Quote by pollypeep
cheers il look into it. are they all valve??

Yeah. They don't do metal or heavier styles on their own, though, but your Fuzz Factory gives you the sort of heavy sound you want, doesn't it?
yeah the fuzz factory great i love it, just wanna upgrade my crappy amp and valve goodness seems the way to go. both the ashdown fallen angel and the laneys get good reviews. prob leaning towards laney due to having a fuzz factory. thanks guys big help.
^ I've both and I bloody love em even with my guitars mediocre pickups
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
Quote by pollypeep
my gear=
fender mex strat with custom shop 69 strat pickups>Zvex fuzz factory>marshall mg30dfx

i hate the mg30 got as a present and after two years i now have some money to replace it and i just started in a band so i need to be louder. was looking at the line 6 spider iii thinking that a 150watt would be great how wrong i was, i know now that watt doesn't necessarily mean loudness, since the mg30dfx has a power output of 4 ohms i presume that an output of 8 ohms would be fine for small gigging/band practice???, it has to be a combo because i practice at the top of a warehouse so kinda hard to get to.

i like the a heavy guitar sound, and with the fuzz factory do i just need a good clean channel to plug it in to??

i have around £300 and have been looking at the Vox VALVETRONIX, Roland Cube 60, peavy valvekings, marshall avt theres so dam many. any help or suggestions of other amps would be much appreciated.

i found a 2nd hand marshall avt275 for £200, but i heard that there pretty lame??
or is it worth saving a few more pennies for something else if so what??
thanks

Woah. Woah. Woah. Slow down.

Right, let's look at the facts here. You have a great guitar, and a great fuzz pedal. But your amp is terrible. Forget about watts and 0hms for a minute. My questions are ;

Do you use your MG clean, and use your FF for your fuzz/dist/heavy sound at the moment? If you are, and you're vaguely happy with the tone from the pedal, you probably want to look for a decent clean channel amp, for example Blues Junior, or even Pro Junior.

Secondly, by 'heavy', do you mean...QOTSA, thick, fuzzy, warm, 'heavy'? Or are we talking about melt-your-face-off-distortion-heavy?
yeah i play through the clean channel with the FF and like the sound, and by heavy i mean like QOTSA, i was thinking a laney vc30 112, but i found a cheap new Fallen Angel 60-DSP for £299 which seems like a good deal but would it b wasted with my FF??
I'm in a band to dude, and all I need is my Blues Jr. It's 15 watts, but it's a tube and blows me away every time with how loud it goes. I'd trust this over a 50 watt solid state. I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, since it sounds like you want a lot of power. Unless you plan on drowning out your band mates, you'll probably never need to have that 150 watt up all the way... I'm just saying that the Blues Jr. is a extremely affordable an high quality amp.

BTW; how much did those 69' custom Strat pick-ups cost?
Global warming at my homework, sir.
Personally I think that the VC30 would be a better choice than the Fallen Angel if you use the Fuzz Factory. In my opinion, it has nicer cleans, which would be good for using the FF. Plus it's the same price as the Fallen Angel, too
man that was a long time ago i think i got the pickups for around £130, i love em.
The VC30 has a truly awesome clean channel, I love mine more than I ever thought I could, especially after finally cranking it today (my ears are STILL ringing). There is plenty of clean headroom, and the overdrive is amazing with a boost when cranked.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
VC30 and FF can easily do QOTSA tones. But they have crazy guitar tunings
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah