hey. i have guitar pro 5, and i've been using it for a while. my questions are,
how do you recognize palm muting and hammer on/pull off.
palm muting is when you hear that the note is shorter and kind of chunky (i can't really explain it), hammer on/pull off is a bit harder, but it just sounds more fluent than when you just pick every note
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

just go to effects and there it is
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Ask in the tab forum next time.
basically what poipoi said except, when you master those skills like palm mute, hammer-on/pull-off, you transcribe it by ear and you can hear the distinct difference between not palm muting/ho-po's and striking the note normally. listen to lamb of God's song "hourglass". In The Intro listen to the open string. Very different from striking an open string. Mix it up man. Good luck
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
sorry i must have not made myself clear... i know what's palm muting , hammer on and pull of, my question was , if i download here a guitar pro TAB, when i read it, how would i recognize PM , or hammer on/ pull of... it doesn't say 'PM' or so.. nor does it say for instance - 2h4p2
Next time, Use the "The Only Guitar Pro and Powertab Help" Thread in the forum "Tab Talk".
Hope to see you there
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0