I'm wanting to upgrade my speakers that I currently use with my PC to something actually decent. Something that I can also get a good sound for monitoring my recordings on aswell as general PC sound use.

I've found a couple of possiblities so far but these seem to be the best of the bunch I've been looking at.
Is anyone able to tell me if they are infact good or could I again ask for some suggestions?
As they're only going to be used for my own songs/demos I doubt I need anything too fancy so I was looking to spend no more than around £100. If I could get something cheaper that would suffice that'd be excellent.
404: Sig not found.
Ooh baby! Now that's just the sort of thing I need. Cheers, big ears!
Yeah - the "monitors" listed really aren't audio production monitors. There really just glorified home entertainment speakers.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

krk rp6's dont cheap out with the rp5s.

that or get genelecs if you can afford them
Personally I would definitely get one of the V4, V6, or V8's over any of the RP's though. Genelecs are wonderful - but you are talking a pro level studio if you have that big of a budget just for monitors.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Last edited by thrice_removed at Nov 1, 2007,
Oops my bad! I guess they just updated their product line. Last time I checked which was admittedly a few months ago I don't remember seeing those.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

depends on the budget, id love the v series over the rp's but hey money constraints and other needs (preamps and mics) overrule that and the rp series are still damn nice monitors, you can get a pair of rp6s for as low as 350 these days (US that is)
Genelec would be great if you have the money, but then you're talking about monitors you'd find in high end professional studios. Theres also the Mackie HR824, HR624, which is another popular option for mid to high end monitors. But I think as everyone is suggesting the KRK's would be an excellent choice seeing as you most likely have a low budget.

All the best.
If I really wanted to splash out, I could spend a couple of grand on some speakers, but I really don't think I'm going to be doing that for mere home recording of demos/acoustic stuff.

Thanks for all the ideas, I'm going to have more of a look around then take all suggestions into consideration.