2 years ago, i bought an ESP (not ltd) EX on ebay. I've grown to enjoy it so much, that I'd really like to know its background (when built? initial price? when did ESP stop manufacturing the EX under the ESP lable? ...)

I've tried to get some more info through ESP's techinfo-address, but they told me that they no longer have production records, so they can't give me any information, not even its "birth date" (which I find hard to believe, because I don't think my guitar is very old).

So I'm looking for an ESP-maniac who knows his stuff and who can help me out with this.

- The shape is post-lawsuit, with sharp instead of round edges
- Serial number on the neck plate is 41233
- Neck is bolt-on
- Fixe bridge
- Colour is all black, except for the fretboard (dark brown)
- it has an "ESP Custom Guitars"-logo on the back of the headstock
- pickups: 2 X EMG-81
- 3-way toggle
- 1 volume regulator, 1 tone regulator

thx in advance
have any pictures ?
Ibanez RGA 121 w/ SD SH-6b & SH-2n Jazz
Ibanez RGA 121
Epiphone G-400 w/ EMG 81&60A
Fender Stratocaster Original 1978 Sunburst
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
its most likely a custom shop model, which means it was built in japan, because in japan they still run the MX pre lawsuit shape.
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
its most likely a custom shop model, which means it was built in japan, because in japan they still run the MX pre lawsuit shape.

Except his is POST-lawsuit.
Quote by webbtje
Except his is POST-lawsuit.

yes which means it was most likely a custom shop order coming to the US since you cant order MXs here, the current japanese EXs which i honestly diddnt know about have set in necks, and normally ordering an ESP custom people cut down the cost by ordering bolt on necks, so to me all signs point to a Japanese made custom shop order for the US
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210