i don't know whether its because i play too much guitar or whatever...*its the thumb i use to secure my fingers onto the neck or chords*

Its like bumby and hard but it doesn't hurt...its just wierd...and no its not a blister..

Do any of you have it?Can anyone give me some info on how to get rid of it?
yea ive had that on the side of my fingernails, hated them

so i went to a drug store to ask how to make them go away, they sold me this oil that you apply on the bumpy skin, have to use it a few weeks to take effect, but it works

summary: ask a drug store
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
nice domo...and i don't know...it doesn't really bother me..its just wierd to have it there...

But of course,i have my fair share of hard skin on my finger tips.But of course those i need for guitar...And the bump on my thumb is the exact possition its placed at when chording..so yeah,it might prove usefull? what do you guys think? i plan to take up bass/drums later on in life too
lol man
you should see my index and middle finger tips
i cab barely feel anything on them lol, and that makes it easier to play
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
calluses are perfectly fine just so long they don't look like warts. Wear them like a battle scar!
haha,yet, we are men! we have battle scars! the war of intruments...sounds lame man,
Its a callous. They are near essentially for playing guitar because it means that your skin is hardening to the strings. IE: They're not going to cut open and bleed anytime soon. Which ****ing hurts...
(Me+Winter+No callouses+5-string bass = bleedage)
Quote by NoobOnZone
haha,yet, we are men! we have battle scars! the war of intruments...sounds lame man,

Actually, callouses are a testament to how much you use your instrument...

Doesn't necessarily show how WELL you've been playing, but what the hell.
Quote by the_extremist00
lol man
you should see my index and middle finger tips
i cab barely feel anything on them lol, and that makes it easier to play

yeah,me neither...its fun to compete with other non guitarists/bassists to see who can press each others finger tips
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Actually, callouses are a testament to how much you use your instrument...

Doesn't necessarily show how WELL you've been playing, but what the hell.

i've only been playing for a year but yet i play alot everyday...so i don't feel much pain with my finger tips..
Yah they are usefull i have them on the tip of all my fretting hand fingers. If i didn't have them large bends on thick strings would be less enjoyable.
it's a natural process when you start playing a while, your skin adapts to the pressure you put on it by playing guitar/bass, making it easier for you to play.
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you
Quote by Stukart
it's a natural process when you start playing a while, your skin adapts to the pressure you put on it by playing guitar/bass, making it easier for you to play.

I could break out my lecture notes on how exactly they form, but I can't be arsed, lol.
callouses are useful really for one they stop my fingers from being torn apart when i get a bit too into slap and smack my G string, used to be i'd have a nice layer of skin taken off, now it's all good.
Quote by NoobOnZone
yeah,me neither...its fun to compete with other non guitarists/bassists to see who can press each others finger tips

....wtf?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by NoobOnZone

I am obviously not a man, noob.
I play bass all the time, and I have no callouses
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by rockergurl09
I am obviously not a man, noob.

wtf man,chill dude,i was only jking
I used to have callouses all over my feet when I took ballet. Some of them are still there.

And yes, I've got them on my fingertips. I would assume most other guitarists do, as well.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by NoobOnZone
wtf man,chill dude,i was only jking

It's all good, though I really am a wo-man.
Quote by rockergurl09
It's all good, though I really am a wo-man.

ohhh,so sorry...i only read the ''rocker'' part before going to the yellow picture...yellow does attract my attention...