Hello, i was looking at some metal distortion pedals and i was wondering which pedal is your favorite. I am pretty sure i'm going to get the Metal Master pedal, but i want other guitarists' opinions.
In my opinion you should just save for a decent tube amp that has a decent amount of good sounding, built in overdrive/distortion and get an OD or boost to push it into metal territories. It'll sound 1000 times better than any pedal.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by omarrodrigez
In my opinion you should just save for a decent tube amp that has a decent amount of good sounding, built in overdrive/distortion and get an OD or boost to push it into metal territories. It'll sound 1000 times better than any pedal.

+10000000000
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Krank Distortus Maximus ??
Gears:
PRS CU22 Emerald Green
G&L Comanche
Marshall DSL 100 Full Stack
TCE Vintage Delay
TCE SCF
TCE XII Phaser
TCE NR-1
Maxon ROD 880, AD999, PH 350, CS550.
Quote by omarrodrigez

So by doing this with an amp, i will need to buy a new amp. What is the price range for what you are suggesting?
Quote by DivineSanity
So by doing this with an amp, i will need to buy a new amp. What is the price range for what you are suggesting?

Anywhere from $500 to $1000, but it'll be worth it in the long run.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
yea probably the metal muff,
but you might be able to use a Big muff pi too
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Denthúl
Take a look at the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff.

[/thread] pretty much.

Edit: I wouldn't use it myself but other than a tube amp driven harder by an OD pedal thats pretty much the best thing he can get.