Hey guys its me again! Jonathan Seeing as my last thread went down well I wanted to post a similar yet interesting topic. Herman Li has mind blowing speed that 9/10 great guitarists cant even match. Is he a virtuoso? What is he doing for music today? Has he met his limit within his genre Power metal?
I wouldn't call power metal a limited genre. It's likely the most diverse musical sect in the history of music. I also wouldn't call Herman Li a virtuoso. He plays simple runs and straight forward arpeggios and can't even pull those off clean. Then you've also got the fact that he knows dick about music theory.
he irritates me

im not saying hes not a good guitarist, but i really dont like the way dragonforce record the songs at half speed and then cant play them properly live. i thin the excus that they do it so it sounds clearer is a load of rubbish.

if you are gonna write songs, it should be stuff you can play, not stuff you have to cheat with when recording. its lazy
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
lol ure saying they speed up their stuff? thats ridiculous xD
no1 does that.. he doesnt need to : /
Hes good but he is limited in what he can do.

I think if he could learn his music tehory then he would have a more divcerse sound that the straight out speed he has.
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
Quote by denizenz
Your sarcasm detector is on the fritz.

What do you mean?
he pisses me off....dragonforce said lars ulrich got penetrated by drumsticks...and all his music sounds the same.....sams the real talent...he's the song writer...plus...its quite simple on the rhythm levels...through the fir and the flams...3 chord progression
Quote by RCalisto
lol ure saying they speed up their stuff? thats ridiculous xD
no1 does that.. he doesnt need to : /

it's a well known fact that dragonforce record some of the guitar parts at half speed

also, anoher problem i haveis thatsome of the licks sound REALLY cheesy
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5