ok so we finally got cable road runner internet and we have like 2 laptops and a desktop computer and i want our house to have wireless internet so we can all be online where ever. one thing is that our house is like 3500 sq ft and that includes the basement and two floors. so we need a long range router. what router do you reccomend? thanks =]
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat
*B.C. Rich NJ Series Mocking Bird

*Ibanez PF series acoustic
*Ibanez AE 30
i think some repeaters mite be better suited for you.

http://www.dacomputers.com/store.php?targetcode=Z50046M

thats the sort of thing that will help spread the signal around the house
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
well if that spreads the actual signal then what should i have for the basic router?
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
I have a Belkin at home, and it does the job sufficiently. Maybe a Netgear will suit your needs, and get a repeater, as stated above.

I haven't used 802.11N routers yet. How much better are they?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
what the difference between a g and an n??? i'm really new to this whole network thing haha
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
the difference between 802.11g and 802.11n

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11#802.11n
Quote by bootyguard
Or when my parents found out that i was having sex in my car my mom let me know cause she started making me 2 sandwhiches i was like "why 2?" and shes like "well you've been doing a lot of exercise recently". my face literally looked like this
thanks
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
I'm using a Linksys WRT300N and it has been wonderful so far. I have two PCs and a 360 on it and I hardly ever experience any lag.
yeah im using it for my 360 too.
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
hows this one? good, bad? cheap, expensive??
*Gibson SG
*Fender Strat

*Ibanez AE 30
Well just going by the average ratings on the site I'd say it is pretty good, although I haven't had any experience with D-Link equipment.
That D-Link router is excellent. It's really really fast and it has a pretty long range. My friend has one. Although you could get one for $120 off Amazon.