Let's say you get a preamp/processor somewhat like the Rocktron Prophesy or something equal. You drive this processor through your amp head. How would this affect your overall sound? I love the sound of my JCM 800, so it it worth to plug in a processor into the effects loop as such a processor doesn't have tubes in it?
Do I totally loose my JCM 800 sound with such a processor?

What I want basically is having effects into one package, without the hassle with a lot of pedals. But I want to keep my Marshall tube sound.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Last edited by BeëlzeM at Oct 30, 2007,
I don't want any multi effects pedalboard like any BOSS or something. Just a rackmount effect processor you know something like the Prophecy.
ESP LTD M-400
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
I have no idea how much something like the rocktron would affect your tone, I've never used something like that. My guess is that it will have a much lower adverse affect on your tone, if any, than cheaper FX processors.
Quote by metalhead_365
when i use my multieffects through my valve king , i lose a lot of the tone, i dont know if it would effect a jcm 800, but my multi effect takes that tube sound away and makes it sound terrible.

Do you use the FX loop?
I suppose you run a processor like the GT-Pro, Prophecy, TC G-Major, G-Sharp or whatever through the return of your fx loop directly into your poweramp, right? How would this be? Do I totally loose my JCM800 sound?
ESP LTD M-400
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
Last edited by BeëlzeM at Oct 31, 2007,
Quote by BeëlzeM
I suppose you run a processor like the GT-Pro, Prophecy, TC G-Major, G-Sharp or whatever through the return of your fx loop directly into your poweramp, right? How would this be? Do I totally loose my JCM800 sound?

If you run the processor direct into the effects return, then yes, you'll bypass the JCM800 preamp. The G-Major does not have any preamp simulations and is meant to be used in the effects return, so you'll retain use of the JCM preamp. The GT-Pro/GT-8 can be set up several ways and can act as a preamp, but you can connect it in such a way to where you can use either the JCM800 preamp or the GT-Pro/GT-8 preamp at the press of a footswitch. Look up the 4 cable method...you can read about it somewhere in my GT-8 thread. If you're just looking for effects, I'd recommend the G-Major.