who do you prefer =]

personally i prefer james..he wrote all of the first few albums almost single hndedly

the master of puppets, orion and nothing else matters solos...are his to name a few and hes got THE voice...

if your gunna come here to say "metallica are dead" or generally bitch about recent efforts..youre not wanted =]

DISCUSS
What's to discuss? Completely different players. Lean and rhythm. Bread and butter

Also, vs. threads aren't normally allowed

Quote by denizenz
Neither, they both suck ass. However, James is the better of the two because he could at least do some song writing.

STFU
metallica are dead.....................................................................ly amazing
I prefer Hammett, he's just a cool guy. Great guitarist, not the best but I love his style of playing.

But Hetfield is more of the icon, I'm even saving up for a white ESP explorer.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Wrong place but James didnt write the solos, Kirk did after james had done the main rhythm
Manchester United
all you have to do is listen to battery and then you realise that james hetfield owns kirk hammet