I can't seem to do it >_> I play strictly with my wrist but my forearm gets really tense when playing, I can't seem to relax it or my picking gets sloppy. I tried resting it on the guitar, letting it ''float'' and what not.

Anyone have any suggestions? Reason im asking this is because it actually starts to hurt after a while, specially in combination with the weight lifting I do.
well. um... I'd say to just play slow and relaxed first. but try to keep your playing strict, while relaxed. it's an easy thing to do. but then again, most things that are good to do, aren't easy. don't play anything too advanced. just get used to playing slow, precise and relaxed. then when you get better at that, then you can play more advanced things.
Your not using your wrist. I know you said you are but your actually moving your forearm causing it to tense.
Rest your palm on the guitar and use it as a pivot
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Do you warm up before you play/lift weights?

A common exercise with weight lifting is to do the exercise slowly without a weight to see if there is any excess tension... This can also be applied to guitar

Best bet is to have a go playing something very slowly and relax your entire body, if a muscle hurts or is tense when it shouldn't be then something isn't being done efficiently.

Try altering your position if you do find what the problem is and then practise always using this position until it becomes natural...

Let me know if this helps!

Lewis
Quote by DagMX
Your not using your wrist. I know you said you are but your actually moving your forearm causing it to tense.
Rest your palm on the guitar and use it as a pivot

My forearm is perfectly still, resting on the guitar tho.

And Lcollins, I'll try that, thanks!
Amen brotha, I just had a thread about this myself. Basically, it went nowhere. I don't know. Good luck.
I'm hungry.