Hey! I originally posted this thread in The Pit but the guys there didn't take it seriously. Well I was thinking why not open a thread to help everyone with their guitar playing. Point of this thread is to create an archive of tips for any and every guitarist to refer to when they need help or hints. Please give any helpful tips you can think of Thanks
Quote by jonathankruger1
Hey! I originally posted this thread in The Pit but the guys there didn't take it seriously. Well I was thinking why not open a thread to help everyone with their guitar playing. Point of this thread is to create an archive of tips for any and every guitarist to refer to when they need help or hints. Please give any helpful tips you can think of Thanks

we need some sort of starting point
Don't read forum posts...actually pick up a guitar and play!

Oh yeah...there is already a huge forum like this...may I point you to http://www.ultimate-guitar.com
Quote by arowana1027
My wife plays my guitars fine, but my girlfriend has smaller hands, and she wants to learn how to play.
Last edited by teachmyself at Oct 30, 2007,
Personally I have found that the higher up the neck I go the more my thumb comes over the top. Though this gives you alot of stability I find that if you drop your thumb back again to the middle of the neck your speed improves quite alot.
when u do finger tapping, it helps to hold the plectrum with ur thumb and middle finger, leaving your first finger to tap.
luckily when i started guitar I instinctively held the pick with my middle finger, so this came easy to me
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Quote by teachmyself
Don't read forum posts...actually pick up a guitar and play!

Oh yeah...there is already a huge forum like this...may I point you to http://www.ultimate-guitar.com

+1.

Also as witnessed by that last post, these things are all subjective. There's absolutely nothing wrong with tapping with your middle finger.

So, closed
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure