so theres this girl in my math class who I talk to on myspace, but in person I get really nervous and cant think of things to say. Im looking for advice on how to relax and feel comfortable.

I know the pits gonna flame me, but Id be lying if I said I didnt like the abuse.
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Stare at her boobs. Everything else will follow naturally.

But really, just ease up and don't try to force a conversation. Just talk about random stuff you would say to any other friend you are comfortable with.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
think of something beforehand to start a conversation with her, but dont try to plan the whole conversation out beforehand. When you get nervous, just remember that shes not looking for you to **** up, shes not trying to find a fault with you. Just be yourself, i know its corny and overused, but it works.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

... wow...
Well what do you talk to her about on myspace?
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
just find a gimmick or something. like make up an inside joke or something. like i have issues talking to people until i get to know them real well, except the last person i made friends with, we have a gimmick that keeps us talking/ on our toes around each other. its pretty fun.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Does she play guitar? Cause they will melt if you learn them a chord or two XD + you can touch her lol
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
ENGL 2 x 12" PRO Slanted E212VH
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
try and be funny
i don't know a single girl that i've ever talked to that didn't like me being funny

that doesn't mean make her laugh by making an ass of yourself...or tell her a random joke.
just be casually funny.
if you can't do that then all hope is lost.

no wait....there is something, but it would require you to drop your gay nervousness.
when you're in person, when the class is over, walk with her to her next class.
and at the end of the day, meet her where her last class is, talk to her for awhile until one of you has to go, and ask for her PHONE NUMBER
calling a girl and talking to them over the phone is still somewhat nerve wracking for
a nervous person, but it helps overtime.

hope I was of some help to you

-Mr. D
^About playing guitar... That's really true, I experienced it at leas three times

But my own advice.. keep talking on MySpace until you talked about such a lot of stuff there that it feels natural to talk about her with the same things in real life. good luck with it!
Quote by Esparcia
Does she play guitar? Cause they will melt if you learn them a chord or two XD + you can touch her lol

no but shes mentioned wanting to learn
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by Ktool The Girth
no but shes mentioned wanting to learn

that's your chance, stike now before it's too late.
Dutch courage
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
When i was younger i was always shy around girls...now a days i just grab'em and start kissing them. Its a 50-50 shot, warm up to them for a little bit..than jump right into. If it doesn't work out, find a new one. I've gotten pretty lucky like this.
Quote by kiennM
When i was younger i was always shy around girls...now a days i just grab'em and start kissing them. Its a 50-50 shot, warm up to them for a little bit..than jump right into. If it doesn't work out, find a new one. I've gotten pretty lucky like this.

... rapist
Quote by smiddy
Dutch courage

muh? :P

and yeah xD you can score OVER AND OVER AGAIN with guitar, lol, just hate people who start playing for that :P
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by armon77
... rapist

Nahhh. If they say no or back off you just leave and find another one. I think some girls even like the taking charge unexpectedness of it all.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Try this approach:

'Does this rag smell like chloroform?'

hahaha nice!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
I'm not nervous around people I just have this intense anxiety of approaching them. If they approach me and start talking then everything's cool, but if I have to approach them it's a nightmare. I remember when I was a little kid I used to steal books from the library because I couldn't go up to the librarian. I can't even ask people what time it is or ask for directions without anxiety.

So count yourself as fortunate that you at least get to talk to people. I want to but it seems like they never approach me so I'm screwed .
girls are hot and clever and popular and generally better than us guys in every way, so by all means be nervous.

BUT THE SEARCH BAR IS AN INANIMATE OBJECT (according to most of UG it doesnt exist) WHY NOT HAVE A PRIVATE MINUTE OR TWO WITH THAT?!?!?!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.