Page 1 of 4
Been waiting to see if anyone would have started this thread since Ive been talking about them lately. Anyways heres where we'll talk about 311. To be honest Im listening to Hydroponic right now.
Anyways heres some great 311 songs
Come original
Champangne
8:16 AM
T&P Combo
Who's got the Herb
**** The Bull****
Omaha Stylee
Don't Stay Home
Beautiful Disaster
Creatures
Feels So Good
Cali Soca
Grassroots
Flowing
Sitting on the edge of nowhere.
Watch Out or Ill Steal Your Girlfriend... or Wife.
Roll Tide
Last edited by Shaggy92 at Oct 30, 2007,
Yeah Transistor is a great Song and Album. You should check out the 311 day 2004 DVD if you havent already. Wow im surprised no one listens to these guys.
Roll Tide
Probably one of the most underrated bands ever.
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

They are really underrated. I have two of their albums and I think they're great.

Favourite song at the moment is Evolution or Guns (Are For Pussies)
Now and Zen.
i hate how that pussy blake went on american idol and did all mixed up amd nobody knew what the song was, but afterward a whole bunch of tween girls got into 311 but only knew that song
Quote by Badmotorfever
They are really underrated. I have two of their albums and I think they're great.

Favourite song at the moment is Evolution or Guns (Are For Pussies)

Dude Evolution is what got me listening to 311 and yes they are very underrated and Tim Mahoney .... I think thats how you spell his last name is a new age guitar god. He is a lot better than most that are come out today.
Roll Tide
311 is so sick.. very versatile all around .. seen them twice live both times was within 30 ft and it was sickkk
So is anyone going to go to 311 day next year.
Roll Tide
Lovin' the avatar Shaggy.

And I'd like to get into 311. I know they're a pretty big influence on Incubus.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Yeah They actually tour together back in Incubus's first years. Incubus usually thanks 311 in every album they put out. Also thanks for the complament. I really would be to much of a Seahawks if it wasnt for Shaun coming from Alabama. But you should check out Grassroots and Transistor for your first look into 311. Also Ive seen them once in concert and they are out of site man.
Roll Tide
They're my favorite band! Not many people talk about them much here. I saw them play in Chicago last summer, their live sound is spot on.
_____
MUSE
Oh yeah and Chad Sexton On Drums is F**King awesome. Tim Mahoney is the **** too, as I have previously stated, I think he is one of the best out right now. and P-Nut, God he makes Flea look like a 5 year old first starting out. I know thats kinda hating but im just stating how awesome I think he really is and I know that Flea is kinda considered a God a around here.
Roll Tide
Damn, I love 311, I grew up on them thanks to my sister.

I'm listening to Use Of Time right now, it's one of the most beautiful songs ever.
Yeah I pretty much grew up on it too really when I started to smoke a lot haha
Roll Tide
Quote by Shaggy92
Yeah I pretty much grew up on it too really when I started to smoke a lot haha

+1
haha oh yeah
_____
MUSE
I see that some of these guys above just havent got into 311, weel I meant to also tell them that they do have a greatest hits, its done very well, though it is 4 years old. You should seriously go pick it up.
Roll Tide
Quote by Lavender Bill

I'm listening to Use Of Time right now, it's one of the most beautiful songs ever.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I have transistor and soundsystem, I like transistor the best.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I really only have there greatest hits and a few illegal DL but I have their 311 day 2004 DVD with a 74 song set list.
Roll Tide
Quote by clincher09
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I have transistor and soundsystem, I like transistor the best.

Transistor is my favourite album by them, yet I love them all sooooooo much!
Tim Mahoney is my inspiration to pick up a guitar and learn. I love 311 but haven't had the opportunity to see them live, although I have 2 dvd's of 311 day. I actually learned to play "use of time" today, which is probably one of my favourite songs. Anything off of transistor is great, and I also love soundsystem too.
Soundsystem is the S**T thats how I got into 311. My buddies andI stole it from someones car and started listening to it, while getting stoned. haha Evolution is my favorite song off of there.
Roll Tide
your transistor
lighting resistor

awesome song.

I just downloaded the hwole 311 discography from torrents. Beofre i only had about 10 or so songs by them. Everyone album is good i must say.

mindspin
feels so good from the live album
transistor
all mixed up
evolution
whos got the herb

are just a few of my faves

are a few of my favorites
P-Nut is so devestatingly underrated
It makes me quite sad, really. I love 311 and the bass is my favorite aspect (other than style and groove, of course =P), yet he gets such little acclaim compared to what he deserves in the world of bassists
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

P-nut also knows how to play classical bass. Now tell me how many bassist would want to do that ... not to many. also for Highway62 yeah I like how you put evolution. A great song and they dont even have it on my dvd for some reason. But its all good Im about to go on a 311 hunt and find every single album ever put out. Imports too.
Roll Tide
So whats everyones favorite album and/or Song mine is Soundsystem and the Songs would be Eons and Evolution, but another fav is Creatures and Beyond the Gray Sky.
Roll Tide
Well ... damn triple post ... so 311 day is only about a week away who's excited and who's going?
Roll Tide
Hahaha, aw, trying to keep the thread alive?
I got their discography and am trying to soak in every album. It's all soo gooood. I like a lot of their really, really early stuff, like the album Unity..
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Well not only am I trying to keep the thread alive im trying to let people on this site know how greta of a band they are. I mean they are one of the best from the 90s that still ake music but apparently no one in this thread really listens to them. Dont know why they could easily blow a lot of the bands spoken of here out of the water. But again some of these ids just dont listen to them. Its really just all mixed up.
Roll Tide
All mixed up?
It's okay, you keep me comin'

A lot of people on here listen to them; this thread just hasn't grown a lot. Most of the hardcore fans are probably in the punk/ska forum too, so it hits less of a crowd here.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

well, my fav album [as a whole] is Transistor, then Soundsysten, then The Blue Album, then Dont Tred on Me, then Evolver, then From Chaos, then Music, then Grassroots in that order

but my favoite song is DOWN! (come on, whose isnt?? the tracks a classic)
Quote by vintage x metal
All mixed up?
It's okay, you keep me comin'

A lot of people on here listen to them; this thread just hasn't grown a lot. Most of the hardcore fans are probably in the punk/ska forum too, so it hits less of a crowd here.

well then this gives the Punk fans a chance to venture into something different even though 311 is way is way far from punk. Come on MOD Rock guys come here.
Roll Tide
i think Dont Tred on Me was a great movement away from all their earlier work

how about you guys?
Dont Tread On Me was likethat album you play when you just sit around when you are sitting around the house with some friends drinking. While the other were really to me party music for rockers.
Roll Tide
I like 311 ... aww looking at your list I see Im the only one that listens to Amber?
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Woooo happy 311 day!!!!
Me and my boyfriend celebrating by cranking some tunes =]
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Yeah I wish I was in New Orleans right now. I bet the concert is just now starting.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
I like 311 ... aww looking at your list I see Im the only one that listens to Amber?

Well Amber just gets kinda played out. There's just a l.ot more better songs
Roll Tide
Last edited by Shaggy92 at Mar 11, 2008,
Page 1 of 4