What are encore guitars like? Also are they they cheap version of some other company? Like Squire and Fender?
they're the worst guitars you could ever put your hands on, i have one, bad hardware, terrible wood, crappy pickups, the make both strats and les paul copies, but they are really really bad
nope their just a cheap company.

i own a low end encore and its pretty bad, but i've never tried the more expensive ones.
Gear
Epiphone G-400
Orange Tiny Terror
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Blackstar HT-Dual
MXR 10-Band EQ
no, encore guitars copy shapes of guitars that is it. They are not great quality, i think squire are better, so are just for beginners and will notice how poor they are after a few months or so.
I got one as my first guitar and its a dog, gonna fix it up, but only cos it was my first
Quote by Ghopki02
What about Stagg guitars?

Better, but squire will still do better.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I owned an encore guitar as my first guitar and it actually fell apart, the socket droppe dout completely, the pickups fell into the body and the electrics all crapped out on me ......
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
The Pacifica is way better, Encore are really cheap and nasty
Manchester United
i use my encore strat all the time, its light and sounds great. although the neck doesnt line up with the strings lol
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Ghopki02
How does a Yamaha Pacifica 112 compare to an Encore strat copy?

Pacifica's are really nice and bettter than encore.
Played one at work exp.
Youd probably be better off learning on a guitar made of a shoebox and rubberbands
Quote by i am iron man
Please, die.

Wait a minute....motherFUCKER!

And, encore guitars aren't all that great, I'd say Pacifica would be your best bet.
Funny words.
Pacifica would probably be your best choice in that price range
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)