Hey guys, I know some people hate it when someone asks about strings, usually responding with stuff like "whatever you like nub!". But that aside, I'm heading to the local music shop soon. So far I've just used some generic strings wherever i could find them. I'm using a cheapish fender copy (Peavey raptor 1, i know i know, working on the replacement now) and a Fender champion 110 (Working on that too).
My question is, can anyone suggest a few different sets of strings that would perform well with blues style playing? I have been really getting into playing bluesy stuff lately. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
DR Pure Blues.
They're the best strings i've used to date. Pure nickel, and they last forever. Get a set if you can find them.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Try GHS Boomers 0.10-46...theyre good for anything....so its pretty much versatile...the latest coud be better tho. And ofcourse DR like said above. Don't buy d'addario though
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
The best thing for you to do with strings is try a few out over the next few months. Most people will recommend either DR, Ernie Ball, or D'addario, and more often than not gauge 10 version of each. Start with these, then try out a few more brands if you haven't quite found what you're looking for. I'd recommend Ernie Ball or Rotosound.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
^^I'll add here that the GHS 0.10-46 are good because they have the flexibility of the 0.09 set but are still "better" in a way.
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!