Hey guys i need a second amp just a small practise amp to play on at a relatives seing as i spend a lot of time round there and currently i have a 10watt kustom amp which sounds like this

"frzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt"

I normally listen to thrash metal such as, Megadeth, Metallica, more melodic metal such as Jorn, Dreamtheater etc, and some classic rock such as whitesnake and rainbow.

This amp will just be for practise when im at my relatives i just want an amp that can give me good tone at bedroom levels.

The tone i use on my gear at home is a Marshall JCM 900 with an Ibanez TS808 infront so lots of gain ! so as close to this as possible would be nice you can hear it on this cover of paranoid i recorded.

http://www.songstorage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Paranoid.mp3

I was looking at the roland microcube as ive heard only good things about it, any recommendations in this price range would be great! and European sites only please hehe.

Thanks !
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Vox AD15XL. the high-gain equivalent of a normal AD15VT. Try Guitarampkeyboard.com for em.
Cant seem to find those anywhere, any more suggestions or opinions on the microcube? dont want to spend too much as its just a secondry amp. Also would it be worth putting that extra to get the cube 20X? seing as i will have to play at ultra low volumes so the power squeezer technology sounds interesting.
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
Last edited by Talentless at Oct 30, 2007,
would you recommend putting the extra money to get the cube 20x however? because i do have to play at very low volumes but dont want to lose tone, the little extra wouldnt be an issue.
My Gear

Stinnett M7 in the works
Vox DA15, just got it myself and love it
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
The microcube can go really loud if you want it to, i think its got quite good distortion, and really, i wouldnt get the cube 20x, the microcube has the volume covered, but thats your decision.