Im scouting around for a combo amp preferably 50watts or less for apartment use.

I play a mix of heavy metal, blues, clean etc..

Something with a good built in drive wud be nice..and decent cleans too..

Which combo from Laney wud suit this criteria? I was recommended this brand by a guitar tech..
Gear
MIJ Fender '57 Stratocaster
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
if you want good drive i'd say no to the LCs, cos they dont sound too good on their own drive. but the cleans are lovely, soone of those plus a pedal might work?
What other models shd i consider?
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
I thought there are a number of laney experts here ..
Gear
Vox AD15VT
PodXT Live
From what I've heard (note that I haven't tried it myself, this is completly heresay), the vc-50 should be able to do metal on its own.
^ +1, though you'd need to find one second hand. Out of the current range, if you can afford it, the tt50 is probably your best bet for that range of tones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i got a lv300 t yesterday.its 120 watt but i can still use it in the house without annoyin anybody.it sounds like sex too
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Yeah... I agree with Dave, although a gh50l would be awesome, although it's only a single channel and extremely loud.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

VC50 is the greatest 50 watt amp ever. They're out of production though, but the VC100 makes up for that.

Anyways, the drive in it can handle metal on its own very well. And alot of other stuff. VC50 and VC100 is the best amps ever XD
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
TT50, or the VC50. You can pick up a VC50 for under £300 used on the 'bay but it's a titan. TT50 is smaller and has better tonal range.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Well I think */thread*

The VC50 or the TT50.. I think the vc is more vintage toned, and the tt more (nu) metal
But, go out and check those amps
sorry to jack the thread only I posted a thread about a Laney AOR 30w all valve combo - 60 views 5 replies (2 of which were mine!!!)

Anyway I have played the VC-15 and loved it - really nice cleans and a classic voiced dist. Really liked it!! Any info on the AOR 30w would be much appreciated guys

thread Jacking apology once again!!
^ try pm-ing godofshred (nick)... he has/had an aor head, and with any luck he's tried the combo too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ever dying
Well I think */thread*

The VC50 or the TT50.. I think the vc is more vintage toned, and the tt more (nu) metal
But, go out and check those amps

no, i'd have thought, if anything, the vc50 would be more modern-toned. Although it's (confusingly) named as if it's part of the vc series, it's not; by all accounts, it's the combo version of the vh100r... and if that's true (I believe it is, but haven't tried the combo), it's more modern- (and more american-) sounding than the tt combo.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 31, 2007,
Could you lend me your ears sometime?

I know its not part of the VC series, but a combo version of the VH100.. I owned a Vc50, and my friend had a tt50 head.. And you could really tell the difference imo..

The tt was more high gain, and the vc was more of a rock/hard rock amp.. It might just also be the pickups and the cab he was using

So, yes, I could be wrong and confused
interesting. I've only tried the head versions of each- to me the vh sounded more american and modern, while the tt was more of a hot-rodded marshall type of thing... just goes to show you should only trust your own ears...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ofcourse with trying out the vh head.. You were not using v60 speakers? My vc50 had them..

Funny
The VC50 is definitely the combo version of the VH100R. I have to agree with Dave, it's more modern sounding than the TTs to me.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by ever dying
Ofcourse with trying out the vh head.. You were not using v60 speakers? My vc50 had them..

Funny

i can't remember if i was using the gh cab with the vh head, and the tt cab with the tt head, or the tt cab with both, to be honest...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?